Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
@Umbra says that AppGuard + ERP is the best combo. I have also seen others who promote that combo. Why is that?
I have AppGuard. But I've been thinking on installing ERP. As I have noticed, ERP seems redundant. So, what are the benefits of ERP over AppGuard? What is lacking in AppGuard that ERP complements? When is ERP needed?

D

Deleted member 178

Appguard only "weakness" is when you shift to install mode, a malware residing in your system could take advantage of it. So we use ERP to backup AG in that specific situation.

AG + ERP combo is mostly used when you don't want install classic realtime AVs.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Appguard only "weakness" is when you shift to install mode, a malware residing in your system could take advantage of it. So we use ERP to backup AG in that specific situation.

AG + ERP combo is mostly used when you don't want install classic realtime AVs.
But when I'm installing something, is it not that I have to lower ERP's protection too?

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
AppGuard is sufficient there is no need to install EXE Radar.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
you shift it to alert mode, so you can track what is installed.
What happens in alert mode? Does it ask: allow or deny? If so, then it must be a hassle. Sorry, I don't know the technicalities of ERP.

D

Deleted member 178

What happens in alert mode? Does it ask: allow or deny? If so, then it must be a hassle. Sorry, I don't know the technicalities of ERP.

Exactly. note than anti-executable are really tools for people that want absolute control of their system.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Exactly. note than anti-executable are really tools for people that want absolute control of their system.
Oh... okay... If so, then I'll probably not install ERP. I want some convenience too. So, installing them both, for my laptop, seems an overkill. Thanks, @Umbra !

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.