Solved Appguard Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
So i installed appguard but when i try to run my game (Smite) its blocks it when i press play, i opened appguard and went to Customize, Guarded apps, Settings and added the folder and services etc and changed to read/write access.

Ive alss added them in the guard but it still blocks them.

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Add the entire games folder to User Space set to No and then try launching it.
sorry reading back over i saw you said set to know, now the game runs fine, thanks a lot for your time. will i have to set this for everything that dont run well?

Also is there any other configuration settings i have to use for it to detect zero day malware?

Upvote 0

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
sorry reading back over i saw you said set to know, now the game runs fine, thanks a lot for your time. will i have to set this for everything that dont run well?

Also is there any other configuration settings i have to use for it to detect zero day malware?
BTW what's your security setup?

Please post Message info for boostspeed blocked event.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
BTW what's your security setup?
Emsisoft anti malware
comodo firewall hips enabled, auto sandbox untrusted
Appguard
Zemana

Other secondary scanners i use

Malwarebytes anti malware
hitman pro
tds killer
rogue killer x64

i thought i was infected with zbot so i installed novirus thanks zbot scanner, and got f secure scanner and kaspersky cloud scanner lol just to be safe. as i tested malware outside the vm by mistake.

btw do i have to add folders there for any program that it blocks?

Upvote 0

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
lol yh i like to have a strong combo etc just incase.

whats ur setup?
TeraByte Unlimited Image for Windows+ShadowProtect WinPE(for Backup Images)+RollBack Rx(for convenience of Snapshots)+Shadow Defender+Sandboxie+AppGuard+NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro+KeyScrambler Premium+Hitman Pro

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Do you use any backup/imaging software?Nothing better than having a backup image,best protection against Malware.:D
i used rollback rx but i defrag my hdd so it #####s it up so i dont really use any back up as i dont have a backup storage usb device or anything. and it takes up a lot space other programs when i use my hdd.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
@Viper007, what is your security setup? what version of Windows are you using?
If using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 have UAC on default settings and never approve anything on the notifications unless you know for sure it is safe. Never download files from suspicious sources, keep your software and Windows updated at all times and you will probably never see any zero-day malware.

The best protection against zero-day malware is your own actions, no security software can match that.
Examples of good sources to download files are Softpedia, MajorGeeks, FileHippo, SnapFiles, BetaNews Fileform and DownloadCrew.

Bad examples are from email links, IM links, social websites like Facebook, ads and any other sources that you don't know for sure is safe.

Zero-day malware doesn't magically appear on your system, you must manually download an infected file, manually run it, ignore UAC and Windows digital certificate warning then it will be allowed to infect your system. Once you learn how to safely download files then you will no longer need advanced security products that block games, good programs and have to manually be tweak all the time.

Enjoy!! :D

Upvote 0

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
@Viper007, what is your security setup? what version of Windows are you using?
If using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 have UAC on default settings and never approve anything on the notifications unless you know for sure it is safe. Never download files from suspicious sources, keep your software and Windows updated at all times and you will probably never see any zero-day malware.

The best protection against zero-day malware is your own actions, no security software can match that.
Examples of good sources to download files are Softpedia, MajorGeeks, FileHippo, SnapFiles, BetaNews Fileform and DownloadCrew.

Bad examples are from email links, IM links, social websites like Facebook, ads and any other sources that you don't know for sure is safe.

Zero-day malware doesn't magically appear on your system, you must manually download an infected file, manually run it, ignore UAC and Windows digital certificate warning then it will be allowed to infect your system. Once you learn how to safely download files then you will no longer need advanced security products that block games, good programs and have to manually be tweak all the time.

Enjoy!! :D
i know its my actions that why i dont download anything unless i know its safe and ill know if its safe or not by research, but i have emsisoft anti malware, comodofirewall with hips etc, zemana, appguard for second line of defence.

nothing gets past my comodo firewall it auto sandboxes anything unrecognised then i decide weather its safe or not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.