Appguard Review

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date

Thread author
I read your support policy. Not sure what you're hinting at but are you saying my version of Windows isn't legitimately activated:

You're the first person that I know of that is using a legit Windows Enterprise on the security forums. Because of that history and the fact that it is a "sensitive" matter for some, I just made the point.

If anyone knows an easier, softer way to ask "Are you using a pirated copy of Windows ?," then please do tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: askmark and ZeroDay

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
You're the first person that I know of that is using a legit Windows Enterprise on the security forums. Because of that history and the fact that it is a "sensitive" matter for some, I just made the point.

I understand the need to ask. Using KMS Pico (or whatever) isn't a good idea for a secure stable system.

Here is my slmgr /dlv read out with the sensitive bits removed (for obvious reasons):

---------------------------
Windows Script Host
---------------------------

License Status: Licensed

So I've almost followed all your steps to delete the AppGuard/Blue Ridge folders etc and have used CCleaner. I'm at the stage where I will install AppGuard again under my admin account. More to follow soon...

Reactions: askmark

Thread author
I understand the need to ask. Using KMS Pico (or whatever) isn't a good idea for a secure stable system.

KMSPico causes more issues than many people think possible.

Here is my slmgr /dlv read out with the sensitive bits removed (for obvious reasons):

Even sanitized, please delete it. I believe you. Typical users would not know the benefits of working for a Microsoft Gold Partner.

Thread author
@ParaXY

That AppGuard works fine in a VM, it leads me to believe it is a non-system drive related issue.

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
@ParaXY

That AppGuard works fine in a VM, it leads me to believe it is a non-system drive related issue.

Just finished reinstalling AppGuard under my admin account and straightaway after the reboot I get the errors when changing the slider. Tried it under my SUA and same thing.

I'll try disconnecting ALL my data drives so that I only have the boot drive available in Windows and report back.

Thread author
Just finished reinstalling AppGuard under my admin account and straightaway after the reboot I get the errors when changing the slider. Tried it under my SUA and same thing.

I'll try disconnecting ALL my data drives so that I only have the boot drive available in Windows and report back.

If that process of elimination is fruitless, then please contact me via the MalwareTips private messaging system.

Are you booting a VM or dual booting using a VM ?

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
If that process of elimination is fruitless, then please contact me via the MalwareTips private messaging system.

Are you booting a VM or dual booting using a VM ?

Making the data drives unavailable to Windows didn't help.

I'm doing this on my physical machine. I only did a quick test in a VM to see if AppGuard would work with Creators Edition, Bitlocker and my registry tweaks.

I'm not dual booting. I ran the temporary VM in VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 while testing.

All the steps I followed from your earlier post were on my physical machine.

Thread author
Making the data drives unavailable to Windows didn't help.

I'm doing this on my physical machine. I only did a quick test in a VM to see if AppGuard would work with Creators Edition, Bitlocker and my registry tweaks.

I'm not dual booting. I ran the temporary VM in VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 while testing.

All the steps I followed from your earlier post were on my physical machine.

@ParaXY

Please check your PMs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.