Advice Request AppGuard uninstall hangup

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I'm having an issue on win10, not caused by AppGuard, but I'd like to uninstall AG while I sort out a windows issue(s). I went to uninstall AG and process aborted saying it needed something in reference to .msi file and a CD. I downloaded AG Solo. Not clear what the hangup is. Any idea? I did send an email to support this evening, no reply yet. In the recent past support answered email same day next day, so I hope to know more soon. But your ideas are appreciated.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
update: AG support replied this morning, accurate and timely info. AG 6.7.65.4 is uninstalled temporarily while I work on a windows glitch.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What was the issue?
I'm having an issue with windows firewall, its service stopped a few days ago?? Goes downhill from there. Might have been some update and a conflict with ESET firewall, ESET support has not helped. AppGuard blocks a lot of stuff, seemed like it was in the way while I sort out this windows firewall issue. From ESET forum apparently some folks (now me?) have issues with ESET firewall on win10... ESET currently uninstalled. windows firewall or the windows firewall service will not start. Trying to decide if I need win10 OS reinstall? Or do nothing.. other firewalls that seem to work on Host, and I'm in VM.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Be sure to uninstall AppGuard correctly, failing to do so will consume your license seat and leave leftovers.

Go in Admin account. On AG (tick "Stop self protection", select protection level "Allow installs" ).
Uninstall and reboot.
Manually delete reg entries. "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\AppGuard LLC" or "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppGuard LLC"
Manually delete Appguard LLC folder in program data.
Reboot
Install new build

• Applause
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.