shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Fortunately for me, I did not get addicted to Appguard, although I was worried that might happen.

Reactions: SHvFl

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
If marketing & sales replied that the Personal version had been discontinued, then it is discontinued.
If AG Small Business turns out to not be a practical option for home users then I can only hope that Florian will combine all his Security Utilities with Bouncer so home users will have an option similar to AG. Time will only tell.

Edited 10/01/17 @ 6:38

Thread author
It seems to be appguard small business but it's even more expensive than the updated home version price. Nothing crazy though if you actually use it for a business(+$12).

It depends upon one's expectations. People that expect a 10-device license for $6.95 should look elsewhere.

Thread author
If AG Small Business turns out to not be a practical option for home users then I can only hope that Florian will combine all his Security Utilities with Bouncer so home users will have an option similar to AG. Time will only tell.

Edited 10/01/17 @ 6:38

I would be very surprised if Florian has any real interest in pursuing the home user market.

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
I would be very surprised if Florian has any real interest in pursuing the home user market.
Yeah, I guess your right with the complexity associated with Bouncer. He would likely sell license to a few dedicated beta testers, or Security Experts though that help promote his product.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
When a firm doesn't want home users it's their right to do so. But why would i want to find creative ways to get around that if they don't want me?
I would rather support VS or Rehips or whatever since they sell homeuser lisences(atleast last time i checked).
Tldr They dont't want my money i get it to someone else who want's it :D

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
So no more home user market for Appguard? Then Ver4.X is subscriptino based right. So no more renewal as well?

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
What would be the best SRP alternative to AG (in a layered security setup)?

SSRP: IWR Consultancy : Simple Software-Restriction Policy
Hard Configurator
... even CryptoPrevent?
If we could convince Florian to combine all his security Utilities with Bouncer then it would be a great AG replacement. I would actually even like it more than AG, and I have been using AG since the very first beta was released. I'm not sure he has any interest in doing that, but maybe if enough people requested it he may consider doing it.

For now AG 4.4.6.1 works fine for me so i will be covered for a while. I have a lifetime license though.

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If we could convince Florian to combine all his security Utilities with Bouncer then it would be a great AG replacement. I would actually even like it more than AG, and I have been using AG since the very first beta was released. I'm not sure he has any interest in doing that, but maybe if enough people requested it he may consider doing it.

For now AG 4.4.6.1 works fine for me so i will be covered for a while. I have a lifetime license though.
I also have an AG 4.4.6.1 lifetime license.

Re Florian: I do use Excubits' Pumpernickel to protect my external USB backup drive, but I fear Bouncer and MemProtect may be too much of a challenge for this old brain :unsure:.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
No. That won't work because of license activation. A single license is for 1 PC.
Thanks. I should have checked out the details. I thought the problem was you have to purchase multiple licences under the business plan. But that's not so. The problem is the monthly license fee of
USD 6.95 Monthly
adds up to a relatively large yearly sum.

Thread author
I thought the problem was you have to purchase multiple licences under the business plan.

That is the case for the Enterprise product.

The problem is the monthly license fee of USD 6.95 Monthly adds up to a relatively large yearly sum.

There is both an annual and monthly subscription plan. Both are on the same page. The total price is essentially the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.