AppGuared users , Do you use in its default setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll stick with the starter page and 3 options, and just leave it alone. I remember it being $19.95 without renewals, then when it started getting footnotes in articles it went to $29.95 lifetime. That's when I jumped in. Now it hovers around $70 annual. I still say there could be a home version without any customization pages.

Just like most things in life, software software development, maintenance and support has associated expenses. And just like most things in life, those costs and prices increase over time. And finally, the new Japanese owners decided on a new sales and price strategy - and that is their prerogative as owner of the product.

There still is a consumer ("home") version. It is called AppGuard Personal and can be purchased from Granite AppGuard for $29.95. Granite AppGuard is an authorized AppGuard LLC channel reseller partner. AppGuard LLC has temporarily suspended sales of the Personal version on its website.

Besides, anyone who has a valid existing Personal license has the option to re-new the subscription each year as long as they wish if they so choose; those Personal licenses will not be auto-terminated despite AppGuard LLC temporarily suspending the sale of the Personal version.

All you are doing is making baseless posts because you are disgruntled for whatever reason(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hamo

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
AppGuard is the universe's most effective security software - period. No qualification is needed.

I can also state AppGuard is the universe's most capable, most efficient, etc, etc without qualification.

But,
Need specific professional users! to know and use this capability. (Normal user "the majority" will not prefer it)

But,
Need specific professional users! to know and use this capability. (Normal user "the majority" will not prefer it)

The default policy provides high security.

I recommend once a user learns the software that they use Locked Down mode. The user only needs to create a few custom policies to dramatically increase Windows security.

It is not difficult. There is help here on the forums.

Reactions: hamo

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
And it is expert help indeed. I have Appguard locked down tight, and all have to do now is turn it off to install something.

+1
I do the same now, but I want to learn more.

Hell of a way to treat a customer. But you're not in sales or service.

All you have done is complain that the price has increased over the years, you don't like the company's policies, and made misleading statements about our product and policies. I already provided partial explanations, but decided that a full explanation of everything is an exercise in futility since you obviously have bones to pick no matter what I state. Furthermore, I think it wouldn't matter where those explanations originated from within the company.

Sales and service can't fix those kind of issues. At most sales and service is going to tell you they are sorry that you are unhappy, but it is what it is. Those are personal issues that you must look within yourself to solve. Besides, there is nothing inherently wrong with the company's policies nor the product - nor the company's decision to make sweeping changes to its products as its sees fit - policies and product that have worked fine for years. Policies and product change over time. Either you accept the company policies and product for what they are or simply move on.

Please stop making false statements about our policies and product. I have kept those interested up to date on the status of the Personal version on its own dedicated thread here at MT.

Reactions: SHvFl
D

Deleted member 178

I don't think that as an anti-exe you could say it is a true alternative to Rehips, which is software restriction policy.
Shmu, i think you were tired an said ReHIPS instead of Appguard lol

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
i dont remember it has one.
He probably means for isolated applications which in a way they do because they are isolated from everything and anything.

Reactions: shmu26

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
There is no such thing as what you say. Dont be absolute. Your product isnt impenetrable. It can be bypassed.
@Lockdown is a Blue Planet-works representative (I stand corrected; post #60). So, expect him to make marketing advertisements about AppGuard. :)

AppGuard, by principle and by practice, is tried and tested to be very effective, anyway. So, at least, that marketing post bears some weight. :)

Last edited:

@Lockdown is a Blue Planet-works representative. So, expect him to make marketing advertisements about AppGuard. :)

AppGuard, by principle and by practice, is tried and tested to be very effective, anyway. So, at least, that marketing post bears some weight. :)

I do not work for Blue Planet works. I work for AppGuard LLC. Blue Planet works is the parent organization of AppGuard LLC.

And yes, my prior posts are "puffery" as permitted by the Federal Trade Commission.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
i dont remember it has one.
But I only said it has memory protection for exploitable apps, which is thanks to the isolation. Fixer (or was it @SHvFl?) once explained to me that isolated apps, since they are running in a different and limited user account, do not have memory access to processes running in real user account.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.