Apple M2 chip vs Intel vs AMD

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Apple's M2 Ultra is a mighty processor with 24 general-purpose cores and up to 76 integrated GPU cores. It is also probably faster than Intel's 28-core Xeon W found in the 2019 Mac Pro, so new Mac Pro workstation owners will feel a significant performance uplift. But according to a purported benchmark, this CPU cannot beat competitors from AMD and Intel in Geekbench 5 (via @VadimYuryev) as they boast very high clocks or feature a formidable core count.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Maybe...

But, as pointed out by some of the article comments, not bad for a couple of stitched together laptop CPU's.

Doesn't affect me though, I doubt I could afford the power bill to run any of these let alone the cost of buying one and maxing-out the RAM.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.