Apple may add ultra high-end iPhone model in 2024

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Apple is reportedly considering ways to push the price of the high-end iPhone even higher. Rather than simply re-branding Pro Max to Ultra, Apple is discussing adding an ‘Ultra’ high-end model above the Pro Max as soon as 2024, or the iPhone 16 lineup. That’s according to Mark Gurman in his latest Power On newsletter for Bloomberg. The new model would help increase iPhone average selling price even higher, with Tim Cook hinting on this week’s earnings call that consumers are willing to pay more for the best phone. Apple has steadily raised the price of its best-specced iPhone model, beginning with the jump to the $999 iPhone X in 2017. Then, it added a Max screen size to the lineup starting in 2018, to bump up the price to $1099 for consumers wanting the biggest display and best battery life iPhone. Add in the 1 TB storage option first introduced with iPhone 13 Pro, and the best iPhone today is priced at $1599.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Everything is speculation for now.
  • SE (older gen SoC) - Notch-free, TouchID
  • Mini (killed off)
  • 15 (last gen SoC) - Base model
  • Plus (last gen SoC) - Identical to above with a larger screen
  • Pro (next gen SoC)
  • Pro Max (next gen SoC) - Identical to above with a larger screen
  • Ultra (boosted next gen SoC) - Identical to above with a tougher titanium exterior + extras

In my opinion any in-between variants should be avoided, either go for the SE, Base model or Pro Max.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ultra high-end iPhone? What features?

7.2 inch screen size like the HUAWEI Mate 20X
4K screen resolution like the SONY Xperia 1 IV
10x optical zoom and UFS 4.0 storage like the SAMSUNG Galaxy S23 Ultra
8K@60fps/4K@120fps............show us you can beat all the SD 8 Gen 2 phones in the market which give only 8K@30fps/4K@60fps

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

• Mini (killed off)
The Mini is great. All around, just great. Then again I just use it primarily as a phone and to send\receive text messages, but it handles all the other stuff when I need it.

7.2 inch screen size like the HUAWEI Mate 20X
lol, that is such an impractical size. I remember back 10 years ago and there were a few 7 inch phones. The size was completely impractical. Throw on an Otter case and it is like carrying around a brick. If I got to go that big, might as well get a folding phone with a even larger screen.

It is a personal choice. There is no right or wrong. Big phones never worked for me. I put a big phone like that in my back pocket, forget it is there, then sit on it and crack the screen.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Big phones never worked for me. I put a big phone like that in my back pocket, forget it is there, then sit on it and crack the screen.
Using any size phone in an impractical manner is a recipe for disaster.

It's not recommended to place anything bulky (ie. phones / keys / wallets) in your back pocket due to spinal injury risk, so why would anyone put a phone there? Not to mention, a pickpocketing target. Basic common sense, no?

Reactions: Trident
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Using any size phone in an impractical manner is a recipe for disaster.
Front pockets always too small for an iPhone Max. Besides metal wallet and keys in front pockets. So a back pocket is the only place on standard pants - unless you purchase pants with phone pockets on the legs. But those pockets usually are sized not to accommodate an iPhone Max.

I solved the issue by opting for an iPhone SE and Mini. Fits into pant leg phone pockets, Left & Right.

Some big phone owners use belt clips and other gadgets - makes them look like they are hauling around a mini-display attached to their bodies. There are usability and protection issues with this mode of carry.

Teens and tweens wearing super-tight blue jeans or pants with their 1500 euro iPhone tucked partially into the front pocket is "a culture thing." Gotta display that expensive iPhone bling.

It's not recommended to place anything bulky (ie. phones / keys / wallets) in your back pocket due to spinal injury risk
I do not think many people follow this advice unless whatever they put into their back pocket causes discomfort or pain. When I did put a big phone in my back pocket, I hurt it a lot more than it could ever hurt me. It was impractical so I never purchased a large phone. I knew it would break.

Not to mention, a pickpocketing target.
Pickpocketing is not a common occurrence where I live. It might be something like less than 0.01% of all crimes. Very rare. Almost unheard of.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

That might be a regional thing 🤨
It depends upon the manufacturer. Most options available at retail will not accommodate an iPhone Max or larger in front pockets. You can get all the roomy pockets you want if you are willing to spend 100+ euros. It is rare to find 20 euro pants with front pockets that will swallow an iPhone Max.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.