Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
MW-AK676_apple__20110608134728_MD.jpg

Architectural rendering of the new Apple headquarters in Cupertino, Calif.

Apple Inc. Chief Executive Steve Jobs made his second public appearance of the week Tuesday, despite being on medical leave, to present plans for a massive new office building that he likened to “a spaceship” before city officials in Cupertino, Calif.

Apple has nearly 12,000 employees in the area and is “growing like a weed” and now “out of space,” Jobs said during a taped appearance in a city-council chamber that had several empty seats. The company has acquired land from Hewlett-Packard Co. in Cupertino, where it plans to build a new campus to augment its existing headquarters, located nearby.

Read more

Very interesting video...

Last edited:

htfkid2000

Jun 7, 2011
That is a little OVERBOARD! You know you don't have to build the whole god forsaken Starship Enterprise!

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The new Apple headquarter will look very good...It's impressive,high-tech and well designed.
The fact that 12.000 people will manage to work in only 1 place , it only shows how much architecture has evolved. :)
The "spaceship" design is very apple-ish and it will be an point of attraction for the town....Most likely will be the best looking headquarter in the world.
I''ve watched all the video and it's good to see that Steve is a free market capitalist.A funny momet in the video is at 13:20 when the city council tried to shake him down for free Wi-Fi :lolz:
If you have the time you should really watch the video.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I'd rather see it shaped like a huge apple with a chunk biten out of it but that's just me.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Tweak said:
I'd rather see it shaped like a huge apple with a chunk biten out of it but that's just me.
Yes,that would fit Apple even better..but most likely they couldn't do it because of the architectural problem.They designed that place for 12.000 people...

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I think this just proves Apple's products are grossly overpriced. ;)

Edit: And that Jobs is a little insane...

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Some architect really went nuts with that building.
That is not going to be easy/ cheap to build, and i can guarantee that a lot of the engineers are scratching their heads trying to figure it out.

(Son of a buildings engineer, you can tell :D )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Engineers must take long time to built it, and spaceship campus that planned by Apple is good. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Don't 'spaceship' designs get old quickly, or is that just me?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
stormgtr said:
Don't 'spaceship' designs get old quickly, or is that just me?

No, it's not just you. Any 'modern' designs ultimately end up looking very dated. Look around for some houses built in the 70's with futuristic architecture like large oval shaped, or arched (we're talking tight arches like the McDonald's golden arches...) windows or rounded roof lines. They look pretty silly these days, yet a more standard designed house that is even older looks just fine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.