Battle Apple vs Apple

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
so..mine MacBook died (13 2010 pro - c2d 2,4 + 8gb ram + 128 SSD custom upgrade)
need something new
so.. I am choosing between:
MacBook (2017 -1,3 M ((Y)) now funny called i5) with 8gb ram+512 SSD
MacBook Pro 13 2017 with touch bar /8gb ram/512 SSD with iPad
for almost same price i can have mac 27 2017 (user replaceable 8GB RAM) with 1TB fusion ((27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display))
I know that best power/price is imac..but sometimes I need to take the machine with me
that's why I implemented iPad Pro into this selection too

what I like/dislike
MacBook : +fanless; - 1x USBc without Thunderbolt
MacBook Pro: +power + more USB c + applied (its only about user laziness), but I think I want the power of that CPU/- touch bar
iMac - + 27 with quad CPU/- fusion disk, at GPU, need to sit on desk (but I can present the data with the iPad pro.. and ofc - is AllinOne)

maybe there is the solution "go with ms surface pro 5" but I don't like what Windows 10 do (changes under your hands)
I am not artist, I want only use pencil for some normal drawings, editing documents and notes)

so.. I know its hard decision for me... but I like to know your opinion - maybe I need only another point of view on this "problem"
thx for your time, reading and answers - even negative ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

tryfon

Level 2
Verified
May 13, 2017
I'd say if you are also planning on getting an iPad Pro, just do iMac and iPad Pro if you can afford it. I got a MBP 2016 but ended up just using it like an iMac / Mac Mini / Mac Pro plugged into a display with the lid closed. The iPad would be what you take places to do work and the iMac for home

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Samsung tab s3 is oled probaly worth it?
But the ipad pro is faster so :)

And i should go with surface its pretty good :)

Reactions: ispx

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.