Apple's Face ID beaten by mask, not an effective security measure

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I Vietnam we used to do a joke about Iphones, which despite its price (almost the one of a scooter), it is very appreciated and sign of wealth among the "favored" people; having the latest Iphone means you are "rich" and proud of it .

So when people ask "what is your phone?" , i used to say i have the latest Iphones" they say "wow can you show me? " i say "sure there they are"
Then i show my 2 phones (one microsoft and one android)... they say "it is not Iphone !" , i say "yes, i just told you i have 2 phones"
In Vietnam the sound "i" is the same as "2" so not Iphone but 2Phones :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
My android phone cost me around 100 EUR and has been great for a long time, no need for better right now. I would never spend that sort of money on a phone even if I was rich.. that is insane

Voted no because I wouldn't have bought it regardless.

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
I Vietnam we used to do a joke about Iphones, which despite its price (almost the one of a scooter), it is very appreciated and sign of wealth among the "favored" people; having the latest Iphone means you are "rich" and proud of it .

So when people ask "what is your phone?" , i used to say i have the latest Iphones" they say "wow can you show me? " i say "sure there they are"
Then i show my 2 phones (one microsoft and one android)... they say "it is not Iphone !" , i say "yes, i just told you i have 2 phones"
Im crying :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Those drop tests are made by amateur, i won't take them seriously....

to check the real effects, at IP-C (IPhone-Comparative) we consider in our thorough methodology:

- type of surfaces hit, hardest the surface, more dramatic the result.
- the angle the phone drops, because falling on the corner isn't the same as falling on the back or front.
- the height, higher it is more damaging it will be.
- the velocity it falls, faster the fall is definitely not good.
- the wind conditions , because it may influence the angle
- humidity, because glass is sand so liquid will have influence.
- luck factor, because if someone hexed you, it will probably break.
- the reflex of the owner, if he has good reflex, he can dramatically reduce the risk.
- the constructor honesty, because if the phone is secretly made of cheap components made by kids in some poor countries, no wonder...
- cataclysmic hazard, if you drop it while you were hit by a meteor, a train, lightning bolt or a tempest of grasshoppers, it has some effect too.
- godly influence, it is possible that greater beings may have influence on the test, several case shown that faith believers had less chances to break it than non-ones.

/s

:p

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I

Well, you told them no lies :ROFLMAO:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
- cataclysmic hazard, if you drop it while you were hit by a meteor, a train, lightning bolt or a tempest of grasshoppers, it has some effect too.
:p

Getting hit by a meteor would certainly be disastrous for both phone and user!
Imagine being vapourised by a lump of space rock as it hits you at something like 16,000 mile an hour.... Messy! :eek:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.