Application similar to Internet Download Manager for Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremehosting

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2014
hey guys i need application similar to Internet download manager(IDM) For Linux.
That Can download files form any site Plus can download/Grab videos from any site.

S

Sr. Normal

Yes, it is a distro based on Ubuntu and very light. This program will go perfect. I use Xubuntu and it has never failed me .
Anyway, if you use Firefox, you have an extension "Video DownloadHelper" it´s doing the same job. In Chrome or Chromium you have "GetThemAll downloader".I do not know if it is compatible with Linux.
By the way, do you know when it will end maintenance Bodhi Linux ?, talking about days , weeks ... but it seems that nobody is going to take charge of the project , it would be a shame because it is perhaps the prettiest distro today.
Kind regards

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

xtremehosting

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2014
Yes, it is a distro based on Ubuntu and very light. This program will go perfect. I use Xubuntu and it has never failed me .
Anyway, if you use Firefox, you have an extension "Video DownloadHelper" it´s doing the same job. In Chrome or Chromium you have "GetThemAll downloader".I do not know if it is compatible with Linux.
By the way, do you know when it will end maintenance Bodhi Linux ?, talking about days , weeks ... but it seems that nobody is going to take charge of the project , it would be a shame because it is perhaps the prettiest distro today.
Kind regards

cant say yesterday i was trying to download and install amd catalyst and it was giving me lot of errors.

hoping maintenance will end soon

S

Sr. Normal

It's probably for your kernel version , I see in http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-linux-beta-driver.aspx :
System Requirements: Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.13)
I think your kernel version is superior.
What really matters is the video driver , what else can do without and it is easy to find

You should start thinking about looking for another distro that is best served . I see that in Bodhi Linux Web:
Notice
Bodhi services (Package Repository, Appcenter, and Forums) will be down for maintenance from 10pm Eastern until midnight.

If you like lightweight desktops Xfce recommend you let me so if you like Ubuntu , Xubuntu would be a great option.
If you prefer stability at low power consumption , look Manjaro , of course not have as much software as Ubuntu and its derivatives .

Kind regards .

xtremehosting

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2014
It's probably for your kernel version , I see in http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-linux-beta-driver.aspx :
System Requirements: Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.13)
I think your kernel version is superior.
What really matters is the video driver , what else can do without and it is easy to find

You should start thinking about looking for another distro that is best served . I see that in Bodhi Linux Web:
Notice
Bodhi services (Package Repository, Appcenter, and Forums) will be down for maintenance from 10pm Eastern until midnight.

If you like lightweight desktops Xfce recommend you let me so if you like Ubuntu , Xubuntu would be a great option.
If you prefer stability at low power consumption , look Manjaro , of course not have as much software as Ubuntu and its derivatives .

Kind regards .

hey i migrated from bodhi to deepin linux.
i am testing it and its far much better than any other linux i have tried.

S

Sr. Normal

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
@Cats-4_Owners-2 has informed us that tomorrow premieres his version Ubuntu 14.10. Many of its derivatives will too , but have not seen if Deepin do something .

@Kent Have you used Video DownloadHelper?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/?src=hp-dl-mostpopular
I use it a lot and doing very well

Kind regards an have a very good day

Thanks :) I have used Video DownloadHelper in my old Win XP days;now you reminded me;I shall give it a try again.
You too have very wonderful and happy day ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.