Troubleshoot Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)

Benjoman

Level 1
Thread author
May 16, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Application errors
0xc000022 and 0xc0000142
Prevented me from installing a program, and gave me error windows on some applications
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
System File Check
DISM
Reset Kaspersky Total Security to default and disabled Trusted Applications Mode (Solution worked AFAIK)
Hello guys and gals,

So yesterday I started receiving 0xc0000022 error when opening some games (the game still launched but had performance spikes for the first minute or so) and I also received a 0xc0000142 error for another application preventing me from launching it.

I also had some issues with running an installer that I downloaded.

I had a look online and I did a System File Check and checking Windows Update errors using DISM (it found some errors and fixed them, but the error messages still persisted).

What did work was me disabling Trusted Applications Mode and resetting my Kaspersky Total Security (v. 18.0.0.405(h)) to default settings.

Could I be right that the KTS was disabling or blocking something that is preventing me from launching applications properly?

Thanks in advance,
Benjoman

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Trusted Applications Mode very often interferes with proper launching of programs.
You need to go into the file list, and expand it so you can see all the entries, and allow the files that were blocked. Then your programs will launch.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.