Apps on Your Phone?

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Time and again, I try to stress on the fact that I'm a freeware lover. This goes for the apps on my Android phone too.

Until now I used to use freeware apps with ads and block the ads with Blokada. In recent times, I use only ad-free apps on my Android phone. Am listing only Non-Google and Non-Gaming apps here.

Online shopping - Amazon
Music Player - BlackPlayer
To-Do List - Blitz
Dialer - Simpler
E-Mail - Edison
File Manager - FX File Explorer
Browser - Kiwi Browser
Video Streaming - NewPipe (Youtube alternative)
Message Organizer - SMS Organizer
Office Suite - ThinkFree Office Viewer
Cab travel - Uber
Video Player - VLC
Instant Messaging - Telegram

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Screenshot_20191016-070425_1.png
Screenshot_20191016-070453_1.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Here are some of the apps I use.

Browser
Cốc Cốc Browser (and Chrome)
A Chromium based with built in ad blocking. I usually use Chrome itself, but I use this one for watching YouTube without ads.

Security
Windscribe VPN

Music
Amazon Music

Poweramp
For playing music local music.

Cleaning
AVG Cleaner
It can clean more junk files than other cleaners. Not that you really need to clean junk, unless your device is running really low on storage space. It has ads unless you buy a subscription. I paid just $1 for for a years subscription to AVG Ultimate, which included this. I was using AVG TuneUp, which I activated with with the recent giveaway license for AVG Internet Security, and I got a popup with an offer to buy a subscription for just $1.

NoxCleaner
It cleaned 4 or 5GB of junk files when I installed it. But, I think AVG Cleaner may work as well. This one also has ads, unless you buy a subscription.

Norton Clean
Not as good as AVG or Nox. But it's ad free and finds more junk than the majority of cleaners do. Also, it's just a cleaner for junk files. I does not clean the RAM or do any monitoring in the background.

Shopping
17TRACK All-In-One Package Tracking
It works very well for tracking parcels, which have a tracking number. I've tried a number of package trackers and I prefer this one.

Myibidder Sniper for eBay Pro
An auction sniper for eBay. The free version works well too and doesn't have ads.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I use web apps for music and social media, so I have very few apps installed.

Aurora Store
Newpipe
VLC
Adguard
Bromite and Firefox Beta (Gecko view version)
Signal
Office

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I only use the stock dialing and SMS apps; everything else is from F-Droid store: Simple Calendar Pro, New Pipe, Bromite browser. My Oreo Go phone updates Google Play Store apps automatically without a Google account, for which I am grateful.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.