Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Firewall: Windows firewall controlled by Glasswire
J2FgVxH.jpg
4Y6Y0VD.jpg
419du5x.jpg
qdyoL3A.jpg
d7ly9je.jpg
Cloud: STACK and Google Drive. Nothing goes there unencrypted and also locked down with YubiKey 2-factor authentication.
Office suite: Microsoft Office Professional 2016
Password managers: LastPass and KeePass 2. Tweaked LastPass for maximum security also have YubiKey 2FA enabled. Still working on KeePass :p
Additional software:
- VMware Workstation Pro
- Shadow Defender
- Snagit
I do not use any fancy media players or pdf readers only chrome for pdf's and Windows Media Player is what i use :D

Last edited:

aragornnnn

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Why do you have disabled encrypted connection scanning and Advanced Disinfection in Kaspersky settings? o_OThanks for for sharing your security setup. :)
I can assume to have "scan encrypted connections" disabled at all, but K. AD...
I dont know why i disabled advanced disinfection... maybe because i just reinstalled the application and messed up this setting somehow? :)
Anyways this problem is now fixed.

About the "scan encrypted connections scanning" i dont really use any of those protection modules like anti-banner, etc.. that's why i have it disabled also it breaks some of my game launchers somehow.

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
You have a great desktop to run that, some time ago I used this kind of setup but it was really heavy for my laptop, I think with Kasperksy with some tweaks is enough for strong protection, and you have macrium reflect and maybe it will be necesary because an update for hitman pro alert or kaspersky itself can break the computer, well that was my experience and it can happen with that combo just my opinion. You are very covered.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Strong configuration out there.

Added like Voodoshield Pro would solved all the possible lack components for the system. (For example ransomware attacks, where we all know that Kaspersky can be failed big time unless you tweak the Application Control correctly)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have KIS 2017 also but that is all I am running in real time of course I have Adguard Premium also
I might consider reducing the real time load but if you have the machine and no problems then I cannot argue with it.
Nevertheless you have a very nice secure config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Firewall: Kaspersky's one
J2FgVxH.jpg
4Y6Y0VD.jpg
419du5x.jpg
qdyoL3A.jpg
d7ly9je.jpg
Cloud: STACK and Google Drive. Nothing goes there unencrypted and also locked down with YubiKey 2-factor authentication.
Office suite: Microsoft Office Professional 2016
Password managers: LastPass and KeePass 2. Tweaked LastPass for maximum security also have YubiKey 2FA enabled. Still working on KeePass :p
Additional software:
- VMware Workstation Pro
- Shadow Defender
- Snagit
I do not use any fancy media players or pdf readers only chrome for pdf's and Windows Media Player is what i use :D

Wow, a fortress! Might even say overkill :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.