App Review Arcabit Internet Security prevention and detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Well, VT isn't exactly a great measure of actual detection of a malware as I have concluded from my behavior blocker based tests. VT only performs a static signature/heuristic scan of files, so there is no way of knowing if this ransomware actually gets past proactive defenses found in RansomFree, AVG's IDP, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes etc. It only means it's not detected with exact signatures or file heuristics.

I quite liked Arcabit back in the days, but now they seem like they've entirely removed themselves from the global English market. I mean, I even remember there was an Arcabit representative on Wilders years ago...

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for the video :)
Good static detection, but we do not know the ages of your samples.
Ransomware fall is not epic considering that other vendors have the same problem.
I understand that the purpose of your test was the detection ratio but if you had launched also some statically undetected samples, it was not bad.

Thanks for the video :)
Good static detection, but we do not know the ages of your samples.
Ransomware fall is not epic considering that other vendors have the same problem.
I understand that the purpose of your test was the detection ratio but if you had launched also some statically undetected samples, it was not bad.

The samples were downloaded using malicious URLs from malc0de. The URL links are less than hours to many days old. Plus, the malc0ders re-use the same malware.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Interesting test, Arcabit indeed has good signatures and cloud however lack of behavior analysis which causes some deadly threats to bypass.

You can see that even Arcabit does not contain any rollback features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.