Question ArcticMyst Security: worth a try?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello,
Is this software worth a try?
I think it's an EDR software (endpoint detection & response).
Hello!

ArcticMyst Security is a relatively new EDR software on the market. It has promising features such as real-time monitoring, threat detection, and response. It also offers AI-powered threat intelligence to keep your system secure.

However, as it is a new software, there may be limited information on its effectiveness. It is always recommended to do your research and read reviews before investing in any cybersecurity software.

If you decide to give it a try, be sure to test it thoroughly to ensure it meets your specific needs and provides the level of protection you are looking for.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
I checked it out, and while it wasn't very special, I quickly realized it had a big issue; it does not actually attempt correlate between benign and malicious activity, and as a result it acts more like a HIPS rather than EDR, just without the ability to block anything (apart from the things mentioned at their website), and it does not keep a history of events, meaning if you miss a event then it's gone forever.

Though none of this is a surprise as it seem to onlyhave few developers, who does this more as a hobby than a job, and the decision to make it open source, meaning they can't charge for the program itself.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.