Troubleshoot Are these actual threats?

Noobshot

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 18, 2017
I'm not entirely sure where I should post this, it's a little confusing because I don't nee help removing them, as malwarebytes has quarantined them and I will remove them if they are deemed harmful. The only thing that has me slightly concerned is that all the iTunes files are "RiskWare.IFEOHijack" Everything else are PUPs.

I want to know how bad these files are or were?

I apologize if this was the wrong area to post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 487

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I'm not entirely sure where I should post this, it's a little confusing because I don't nee help removing them, as malwarebytes has quarantined them and I will remove them if they are deemed harmful. The only thing that has me slightly concerned is that all the iTunes files are "RiskWare.IFEOHijack" Everything else are PUPs.

I want to know how bad these files are or were?

I apologize if this was the wrong area to post.
These are all false positive. Maybe @Umbra can help.
The engine is on steroids and will clean even W10 system files because it classifies it as Riskwares in future. I'd advise you to downgrade to 2.x and as a test restore all the quarantined legit files and scan them using v2.x.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

@Umbra how effective is EmsiSofts Anti-malware?
It iz da best :p

More seriously, EAM is quite good actually, we have 3 simple but efficient protection modules working well together. EAM is often well-rated in test labs (for what they are).
It doesn't have 50+ complicated options that makes your brain explodes and it doesn't bury you under hundreds of popups a day. :)

I will add, even before working for Emsisoft, EAM was first in my top 3 AVs.

Upvote 0

Noobshot

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 18, 2017
It iz da best :p

More seriously, EAM is quite good actually, we have 3 simple but efficient protection modules working well together. EAM is often well-rated in test labs (for what they are).
It doesn't have 50+ complicated options that makes your brain explodes and it doesn't bury you under hundreds of popups a day. :)

I will add, even before working for Emsisoft, EAM was first in my top 3 AVs.

@Umbra
Okay. So would I be able to use EmsiSoft Emergency Kit + EmsiSoft Anti-Malware + malwarebytes. If not then would I be able to use EEK+EAM without and issues?

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

Noobshot

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 18, 2017
@Umbra I've scanned my PC again but with EEK, it also detected the iTunes files as "SecHijack (A)". Not entirely sure what's going on with iTunes now. Perhaps I should update the software itself and see if they keep coming back as threats.

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Try to update iTunes to make sure, you have the latest version.

iTunes - Download iTunes Now

As for the detections, I find it odd, that you have got so many IFE hijacks. I do not recall CCleaner, Steam or TeamViewer creating those.
I remove the whole IFE key every day to prevent hijacks. You should try additional anti-malware scanners, try some anti-rootkit as well.

https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

Norton Rescue Tools

RKill Download

Dr.Web CureIt! — Скачать бесплатно

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I have iTunes and can confirm that I don't have any such detections when I scan my computer with EEK or Malwarebytes. Your copy of iTunes is definitely malicious and you should remove it with EEK or malwarebytes, uninstall any remnants with Revo uninstaller or any other installer and go to the official Apple website to get yourself a fresh copy of iTunes.

Also I would change whatever real time protection you are using since it seems to be ineffective in protecting you against these threats.

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.