Are you using software updater ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buntydee

Level 1
Jan 30, 2012
Windows Update Destroyed my Laptop

I updated my Samsung Win 7, 4 Gb, with the latest updates, & my Laptop got hung. Had to shut it down. On restart, gives the option F2 for Set Up, & F4 for Recovery. But pressing either, it says WAIT, which goes on forever. {Ive waited 7 days now!!}
If I call a Techie, he will install a pirated windows, & I will lose my registered Version.
Any Advice???

Buntydee

Level 1
Jan 30, 2012
Windows Update Destroyed my Laptop

I updated my Samsung Win 7, 4 Gb, with the latest updates, & my Laptop got hung. Had to shut it down. On restart, gives the option F2 for Set Up, & F4 for Recovery. But pressing either, it says WAIT, which goes on forever. {Ive waited 7 days now!!}
If I call a Techie, he will install a pirated windows, & I will lose my registered Version.
Any Advice???
{I use File Hippo & Majorgeeks updaters on my 2 comps)

Reactions: brambedkar59

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I used Secunia PSI for many years. It felt somehow buggy since the takeover from the other company. So since I trimmed down my computer apps I only use Ninite Updater webpage that I religiously check every morning.
I may try Patch My Computer Updater like some of you, as since the CCleaner bungle I disabled all my apps auto update and it is probably better be safe...
Though I do check manually I'm not as quick on the mark as I used to be.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I update manually. I see no reason to use SUMo or other updater.
You can do that with SUMo. It isn't an auto-updater. It simply list what softwares need updating, and you can update them manually.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.