• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I personally aknowledged that is wiser to wait some time after the update was released in order to avoid a lot of side effects vs be updated and risk a lot if something goes wrong and then you`ll see that the developer hurried up with the update and didn`t properly test it. So, in my opinion, i will be much safer not to be updated instantly than updated with lots of issues. ;)

L S

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
No, well not exactly. I have tried all software updaters and none contains all software, except SUMo, which is just a notifier.
So I have eventually settled with Softpedia. When the software is updated, I receive an email with a link and I update it manually.

TairikuOkami's software subscriptions
Now we all know what kind of softwares you have on your computer :D:D:D - (y)(y)(y) ....... Just Kidding ;);) :):):)
And BTW I Love f.lux - It's super lite and great little program and doing great work on brightness etc. - (y)(y)(y):):)
P.S. - If Somebody don't know or don't have been trying this great little lite program - Do It Now !!! :giggle: !!!

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
No, well not exactly. I have tried all software updaters and none contains all software, except SUMo, which is just a notifier.
So I have eventually settled with Softpedia. When the software is updated, I receive an email with a link and I update it manually.

TairikuOkami's software subscriptions
IMO, That is the best way. I subscribe to filehippo too but softpedia is the best.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I use KC Software called SUMO. @Trickster Glad to see others still use this great product! I scored a premium version of this for free a long time ago.

I should note that I do not allow for SUMO to automatically update my software. I tend to manually update the software by visiting the software manufacturer's website and search for the given release, patch, or update that is needed. I believe this is the most secure and 'right' way to update software.

Traditionally, I know how to update all of my software without having to use SUMO. I like to use SUMO to double check that I am not forgetting any piece of software that needs to be updated. I also like to recommend checking for updates on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. This way you know for sure that nothing is out of date.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.