Votes: 36 54.5%

• Total voters

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I have never used Winrar from the moment I knew about 7-zip.
Same here. I started with WinZip back in the day. Later moved to WinRar and then to 7zip since I find it to be superior. Though I moved to 7zip fork NanaZip in Windows 11 which is the same thing except for some additional features.
7zip also supports MOTW for all archive formats (not default settings) which is very important for Microsoft Defender users and also helps in the case of Avast CyberCapture and ESET LiveGuard.
With 7zip/NanaZip I also get a file hash calculator built-in which I use a lot.

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

Yes, I still use it just for its icon. It used to be an icon that quickly distinguishes compressed files

Screenshot_36.png

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

This might be interesting for those who use 7-zip

Multiple vulnerabilities were found in 7-Zip. Malicious users can exploit these vulnerabilities to execute arbitrary code.

Below is a complete list of vulnerabilities:

1. Out of bounds memory write vulnerability in SquashFS File Parsing can be exploited to execute arbitrary code.
  2. Integer Underflow vulnerability in 7Z File Parsing can be exploited to execute arbitrary code

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.