Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No, I use something else or none

Votes: 36 54.5%

• Total voters

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
How? It literally takes one checkmark while creating an archive to make it an sfx archive. Is there a context menu shortcut for that in Winrar?
There are other options for winrar. For example, if you want to create an sfx for multiple files, you can specify which file to "run after extraction" or "run before extraction". There are also more customization options for the extraction GUI, such as "Show all", "Hide all", "Hide start dialog". You can also make it "Extract to temporary folder". I don't remember 7zip having the ability to edit these.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
There are other options for winrar. For example, if you want to create an sfx for multiple files, you can specify which file to "run after extraction" or "run before extraction". There are also more customization options for the extraction GUI, such as "Show all", "Hide all", "Hide start dialog". You can also make it "Extract to temporary folder". I don't remember 7zip having the ability to edit these.
Ahh, I thought you meant it was easier to create sfx archive lol. So, you get more options/customizations in Winrar while creating sfx archive and how it behaves while extracting.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.