Arpith's Config

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Updated!!
Well I want to know which the present setup is fine or should i add something .

Last edited:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
How about AdGuard and Adblock Plus - why do you use them both?
And in my opinion you can remove WOT - for me it is useless since it is only community opinion based.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
How about AdGuard and Adblock Plus - why do you use them both?
And in my opinion you can remove WOT - for me it is useless since it is only community opinion based.
I recently installed adguard..was just testing it how it performs..will uninstall it
I know about WOT..well everybody recommeneded here so i installed it :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To help clear up disk space, use Windows Disk Cleanup, if you run as Admin it allows you delete System Restore points and Shadow Copies. Once you locate Chrome's folder, you can safely delete the previous versions folder manually. Also to save space, you should consider removing unneeded software.

upload_2014-5-14_21-35-59.png

Backups take place on external mediums, not the current disk in use by the OS. You could probably buy a cheap USB 2.0 external hard drive to create System Image backups, and or use File History to have keep copies of your personal documents and media.

Last edited:

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
To help clear up disk space, use Windows Disk Cleanup, if you run as Admin it allows you delete System Restore points and Shadow Copies. Once you locate Chrome's folder, you can safely delete the previous versions folder manually. Also to safe space, you should consider removing unneeded software.

View attachment 11207

Backups take place on external mediums, not the current disk in use by the OS. You could probably buy a cheap USB 2.0 external hard drive to create System Image backups, and or use File History to have keep copies of your personal documents and media.
Yes sir I am aware of external backup. My 4tb hdd doesn't have even 10gb space remaining. Only option is dvds.. I have backed up some
Very very imp personal files on dvds. My laptop hard drive has alot of space.
I clean junk files every week using ccleaner or tuneup utilities does its auto maintenance everyday 3 days.

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
I settled with ESS after test many Internet security.. Bitdefender Norton kaspersky emsisoft... Do I need MBAE?

Reactions: Oxygen

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
MBAM Pro can be used as a on demand scanner with ESS.You can disable the real time protection in Malwarebytes Pro if you have it enabled. Thanks for sharing :)

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
MBAM Pro can be used as a on demand scanner with ESS.You can disable the real time protection in Malwarebytes Pro if you have it enabled. Thanks for sharing :)

I have added both the programs in exclusion list..and running both real time..so far no conflicts

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Arpith: Actually ESET Smart Security is all you need, the encryption keystrokes can use through banking protection.
Meanwhile exploit protection is really depends by users choice just always update your programs.

Zemana AM realtime protection is not redundant, since its design as companion based.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.