Windows 10 Defender, VoodooSheild , Shadow Defender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiMalware , Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Zenmate, Lastpass, Magic Actions for Youtube, The Great Suspender, Https Everywhere, Imagus
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Driver Booster, Revo Uninstaller, Startup Delayer, O&O Disk Defrag, Unchecky. Iobit Protected Folder
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper PRO On External Adata Hd720 2TB HardDrive
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper PRO

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
My Labtop
Acer Aspire E1 571 3rd Generation Ivy Bridge Core i3-3120M (2.50GHz, 6GB, 500GB, 15.6")
acer_aspire_e1_571_ivy_bridge_right__87320.jpg

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Edited config with username as required
UAC enabled?
x86/x64 OS?
Computer Knowledge?
Last know infection?
Could add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner
Consider uBlock in place of ABD and adding HTTPS Everywhere

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avira Pro Antivirus is fine though but its supplementary components are lack like proAktiv so a companion AV like SecureAplus/Voodoshield/Xvirus or Crystal Security should be fine though.

Other than that, follow the other suggestion as mentioned.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Edited config with username as required
UAC enabled?
x86/x64 OS?
Computer Knowledge?
Last know infection?
Could add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner
Consider uBlock in place of ABD and adding HTTPS Everywhere
UAC is set on medium, x64bit OS , Computer Knowledge Medium and i cant remember the last virus i got infected to .
i use HTTPS everywhere but forgot to mention sorry.
and thanks i will try ublock and which online & ondemand scanner you recommend plz

Avira Pro Antivirus is fine though but its supplementary components are lack like proAktiv so a companion AV like SecureAplus/Voodoshield/Xvirus or Crystal Security should be fine though.

So which antivirus u recommend i am deciding btw norton or kasperasky so which one ??

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@arslan ejaz :

For simplified and install/forget mechanism then you may go Norton AV/IS, their core of protection is purely based on cloud and lesser in signatures (Auto-Protect realtime). Default configuration should be fine and Sonar is active at primetime.

If you want huge + little bit complex configuration then go to Kaspersky AV/IS; its more on how a user check it in order to achieve better results. Application Control Privilege is an interesting feature which requires a lot of knowledge to understand well.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015

So which antivirus u recommend i am deciding btw norton or kasperasky so which one ??
@arslan ejaz :

For simplified and install/forget mechanism then you may go Norton AV/IS, their core of protection is purely based on cloud and lesser in signatures (Auto-Protect realtime). Default configuration should be fine and Sonar is active at primetime.

If you want huge + little bit complex configuration then go to Kaspersky AV/IS; its more on how a user check it in order to achieve better results. Application Control Privilege is an interesting feature which requires a lot of knowledge to understand well.
i will go for norton coz i want simplicity and ease of use and wonder of thanks for replying

i will go norton, light and easy to use with a good protection; if you want the best of it; learn how to tweak it.
yes i am buying norton thanks for help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I suggest you to follow the other
suggestions, because they are perfect.
In addition I want to suggest you to
install Collusion extension, which allows you to know which websites are tracking you and this is very important!!
Then you can also install PrivaZer.
Thanks for sharing it :) ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

KokoKid

Level 4
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
Driver boosters are going to cause problems. The number 1 rule for drivers: If its not broken, dont update! This will cause alot of problems which you can easily avoid :)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello, I recommend you to remove any products made by IObit, you use the following:

Driver Booster Pro
Iobit Smart Defrag

IObit products usually do more halm than good, they have also stolen Malwarebytes Virus Definitions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.