Artemis config

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I don't know much about Lubuntu, but is ClamAV the only AV that you can get for that? Also you could add Ghostery, WOT and Adblock Plus to Firefox. :)

Any backup options?

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
I don't know much about Lubuntu, but is ClamAV the only AV that you can get for that? Also you could add Ghostery, WOT and Adblock Plus to Firefox. :)

Any backup options?
avast! also has a version for Linux. Not sure how reliable it is though...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never thought though that you woul need an AV for Linux, because of how secure it is.

D

Deleted member 178

Linux becomes more and moe popular so you will need an AV (or at least a security soft), Comodo has an AV for Linux (without HIPS).

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Since his General computer knowledge is beginner I think its a Good idea for him to have a antivirus on Linux
you could also checkout comodo antivirus for Linux if you are not happy with ClamAv
anyways if you are not going to the dark corners of the internet all the time then you are quite protected

P

Plexx

Since OP is on Linux, there is not much to add to his configuration to be honest.

As for the knowledge being beginner, does the OP means beginner in Linux or in general?

Artemis

Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
I am a novice Linux user, I always had Windows.
Lubuntu is safe. ClamAV is often wrong and can not detect real viruses.
I use Chromium. The addition of McAfee URL Shortener helps me block a suspicious site. All right.
In Firefox I have added BitDefender

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.