Solved Assistance with removing d1vg0hsk5zdxmj.cloudfront.net

Leithal

Thread author
Jul 21, 2019
Hello,

I keep getting a message from my router that "The connection from Leithal Desktop to d3ag4hukkh62yn.cloudfront[.]net has been
blocked for security reasons(Unwanted software). Sent from your Synology Router
"

I have scanned my PC with; Hitman, MS AV, Zemana, Malware bytes, and reset Firefox. I've also uninstalled applications that I couldn't identify. Zemana did identify the problem and indicated that it was removed. I've rebooted my system, and subsequent scans are negative.

However my router is still sending notifications and Pushover notifications stating that the connection is being blocked.

Not sure where to go next with this.

Comfortable in the Registry and systems in general. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    187.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

Leithal

Thread author
Jul 21, 2019
Update...

As I was working on this... it appears that it only occurs when I visit Amazon.com with Firefox.

I've reset Firefox, as per the instructions in the link with all the other information. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and finally uninstalled, deleted all Profile data, and reinstalled with a new profile - same result, my router complains soon after I visit Amazon.com.

Leithal

Thread author
Jul 21, 2019
So as I was looking for possible other AV products I ran across another product from MalwareBytes. ADW Cleaner at: AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

I ran this tool with the settings indicated in the attachment. I haven't had the issue flagged by my router again.

If I thought this was possibly going to resolve the issue I would have tried one option at a time. As a note - I did have to have Windows 10 (64 bit) repair my network connection. I don't know if the repair or one of these actions resolved the issue.

Hope this helps someone who might be stuck.

Attachments

• MB ADW cleaner.png
    MB ADW cleaner.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 4

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.