No Reply at a complete loss

The author of this help request did not reply to the thread in at least 5 days. Therefore, we are going to assume that he does no longer need our help, and close this support request.
If you are the author and still need help, please send a Private Message to any staff member within the next five days. Be sure to include a link to your thread in your private message.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjayx

Thread author
Nov 2, 2023
hey, i ave no idea what is happening with my computer.
I havent had access to my microsoft account, nor any associated apps for weeks, i ran numerous malware scans which all came up with different results, I quarantined anything that was found.
Malwarebytes was scanning my system as clean but then I got the trial version ofESET Premium.
Since then the trail has runout and my laptop has gone to the #####,
Ive only just reestablished a connection to my microsoft account after restoring windows settings from a usb stick that has windows restore orginal configuration.
but thats what has signed me out of my admin rights. which is how you anything on computers these days.
It's removed the option to even run this program as an admin.
Any attempts I make to seek security settings or configuration details is blocked by not having the rights.

Attachments

• Addition_03-11-2023 13.58.54.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Shortcut_03-11-2023 13.58.54.txt
    72.8 KB · Views: 7

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello ..! Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)

Please follow ..:

• Press Windows icon on your Desktop, together with the letter R.
  • Type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run Command Prompt as administrator.
  • Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
Code:
slmgr /dli

• After running the command, you will get a report. Please take a screenshot of what you got and attach it in your next reply. Here is an article where you can see how do you take a screenshot with the snipping tool, in case you need it.

Last edited:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Try restoring your admin account this way. I am not sure if you will be able to accomplish this but I would like to at least try.

• Boot into Normal Boot
  • Click Start, type cmd, right click on cmd above and select Run as Administrator to get to the Administrator Command Prompt window
  • If the above fails click Start, type cmd, then hit the Ctrl + Shift + Enter at the same time to get to the Administrator Command Prompt window
  • If both fail stop and let me know
  • Type the following at the command prompt and hit Enter:
Code:
net user administrator /active:yes
  • You should see The command completed successfully
  • Close the Command Prompt screen
  • Hit Ctrl + Alt + Del at the same time
  • Select Sign out
  • Check the computer performance
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Results...?

mcjayx

Thread author
Nov 2, 2023
Hi I followed your advice but it takes me to the user account control where the only option I can choose is no to providing admin privileges.
And from that screen I cant print screen or screen snip an image.
I'll try the second option now.

mcjayx

Thread author
Nov 2, 2023
Nope, I cant do anything I'm locked out of all permissions regarding all aspects of the laptop

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Two good articles about restoring admin rights..I hope they help you:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Due to lack of activity, this topic is now closed.
If you still need help, open a new topic, and wait for a new helper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.