Troubleshoot At times Windows Security says "There is no TPM available Please check BIOS settings.

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
at times Windows Security says "There is no TPM available Please check BIOS settings” but TPM.MSC would show the tpm version correctly and after some time windows security would correctly show the tpm version without any warning or error message
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Clearing tpm, downgrading bios. Reinstalling chipset drivers. running bios on default settings.
Your current Antivirus
Kaspersky Premium 21.16
My Motherboard is Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS and BIOS version is 5003 dated 1/11/2023, runs on windows 11 23H2. I have a strange issue, at times Windows Security says "There is no TPM available Please check BIOS settings” but TPM.MSC would show the tpm version correctly and after some time windows security would correctly show the tpm version without any warning or error message. I have downgraded my bios to the last 4 versions, but the issue keeps coming back. I tried erasing the tpm, loaded defaults in bios, reinstalling chipset drivers but of no use. Now I am out of ideas. Seeking Your valuable inputs.
TPM MSC.jpg
Device manager.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-11 185132.png
Screenshot 2024-02-11 182627.png

Reactions: [correlate]

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It seems like you are experiencing an intermittent issue with Windows Security reporting that there is no TPM available, even though the TPM version is correctly displayed in TPM.MSC. This can be quite frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

1. Update BIOS: Ensure that you have the latest BIOS version installed on your motherboard. Although you mentioned downgrading to previous versions, it's always recommended to have the latest version installed to ensure compatibility with Windows 11 and TPM functionality.

2. Clear TPM: Since you mentioned already erasing the TPM, it's worth trying again. To do this, go to TPM.MSC and click on "Clear TPM" or a similar option. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. This will reset the TPM and may help resolve any underlying issues.

3. Check BIOS Settings: Verify that the TPM is enabled in the BIOS settings. Restart your computer and enter the BIOS by pressing the appropriate key (usually Del or F2) during the boot process. Look for an option related to TPM or security settings and ensure that it is enabled. Save and exit the BIOS.

4. Update Chipset Drivers: Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed on your system. Visit the Asus support website for your motherboard model and download the latest drivers specifically for Windows 11. Install them and restart your computer.

5. Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 11 installation is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, Windows updates can include fixes for TPM-related issues. Go to Settings > Windows Update and click on "Check for updates" to install any available updates.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it may be worth contacting Asus support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to provide a solution specific to your motherboard model.

Additionally, you can also consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further guidance on this issue. They may have encountered similar cases and can provide more detailed troubleshooting steps.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue with Windows Security incorrectly reporting the TPM availability.

Upvote 0

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
It seems like you are experiencing an intermittent issue with Windows Security reporting that there is no TPM available, even though the TPM version is correctly displayed in TPM.MSC. This can be quite frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

1. Update BIOS: Ensure that you have the latest BIOS version installed on your motherboard. Although you mentioned downgrading to previous versions, it's always recommended to have the latest version installed to ensure compatibility with Windows 11 and TPM functionality.

2. Clear TPM: Since you mentioned already erasing the TPM, it's worth trying again. To do this, go to TPM.MSC and click on "Clear TPM" or a similar option. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. This will reset the TPM and may help resolve any underlying issues.

3. Check BIOS Settings: Verify that the TPM is enabled in the BIOS settings. Restart your computer and enter the BIOS by pressing the appropriate key (usually Del or F2) during the boot process. Look for an option related to TPM or security settings and ensure that it is enabled. Save and exit the BIOS.

4. Update Chipset Drivers: Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed on your system. Visit the Asus support website for your motherboard model and download the latest drivers specifically for Windows 11. Install them and restart your computer.

5. Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 11 installation is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, Windows updates can include fixes for TPM-related issues. Go to Settings > Windows Update and click on "Check for updates" to install any available updates.
My bios, chipset drivers and windows are all upto date. Tpm is enabled by default by bios automatically and there is no option to turn it off so it's always enabled by default. I tried resetting many times, infact for each bios downgrade I reset it but of no use.

Reactions: [correlate]
Upvote 0

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
My bios, chipset drivers and windows are all upto date. Tpm is enabled by default by bios automatically and there is no option to turn it off so it's always enabled by default. I tried resetting many times, infact for each bios downgrade I reset it but of no use.
I apologize for the repeated suggestions. Since you have already tried those steps, here are a few additional suggestions you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Clear CMOS: Clearing the CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor) can help reset the BIOS settings to default. To do this, shut down your computer and unplug it from the power source. Locate the CMOS battery on your motherboard and remove it for a few minutes. Then, reinsert the battery and power on your computer. This will reset the BIOS settings and may help resolve any issues related to TPM detection.

2. Check for firmware updates: Visit the Asus support website for your motherboard model and check if there are any firmware updates available specifically related to TPM functionality. If there is an update available, download and install it according to the provided instructions. Firmware updates can sometimes address compatibility issues and improve overall system stability.

3. Contact Asus support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be worth reaching out to Asus support for further assistance. They may have encountered similar cases and can provide more specific troubleshooting steps or a solution specific to your motherboard model.

4. Contact Microsoft support: Since the issue is related to Windows Security and TPM functionality, you can also consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further guidance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to provide more information on the specific issue you are facing.

It's important to note that TPM issues can sometimes be complex and may require specialized support. Therefore, contacting the manufacturer's support or Microsoft support would be the best course of action if the issue persists.

Reactions: Brahman
Upvote 0

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Oh Mg...it's a bug..

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.