Ati r7 250 (2GB) or Nvidia gtx 460 (768mb)?

What to use?

• Total voters

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I have both cards and I currently use the Ati because the other was problematic with some older versions of drivers.
The 460 has better performance for games, but the other supports more recent subversions of OpenGL 4 and DirectX 11).
I am not a gamer, I just want great desktop performance (editing apps, web graphics etc).
Just for the fun of it.. xD What do you suggest me to use?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
What about texel & pixel rate? Except from these two, yes, it seems you 're right!
Thanks..
Capture.JPG

Reactions: Nikos751

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I was about to attach exactly this before but i forgot to. Thanks anyway.. My point was how much real difference do these make.
I think it's improved version of Radeon 7750, so with all new features, optimizations for new rendering technologies it would probably preform little or much better than gtx 460.
More memory and faster memory bandwith... Gtx has larger numbers but slower components to reach it, 3 years older, so like I said, AMD would be a winner here

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
I have an GTX 760, my friend has an Radeon, he run the latest games in ultra.. i run in high..
But in this case, Nvidia is the best yes :)

Reactions: Nikos751

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
That won't help him much, Dubseven; in this case he is better of with the Radeon due 2 GB and if he happens to play games that support Mantle he will get more out of the gpu.

/Valentin N

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.