Audio ad virus?

frecklish

Thread author
Feb 13, 2014
Why you all reinstall systems for stupid virus?
Because I use the machine to store sensitive information, and don't have time to keep trying to track and destroy the virus. It will be less work and time to reinstall the few programs I had (and all my docs are backed up, so I won't lose anything).

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Why did you then post the topic here? If virus wanted to stole your information, you can be sure that it is already stolen :)

Reinstall will just delete the virus...what can be done in 5 minutes...

frecklish

Thread author
Feb 13, 2014
Why did you then post the topic here? If virus wanted to stole your information, you can be sure that it is already stolen :)

Reinstall will just delete the virus...what can be done in 5 minutes...
I wanted to try to get rid of it without doing a complete re-install first. You were very helpful, but nothing has detected the virus, and yet it's still active. Thanks again for your efforts. :)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Ok, but next time, if it happens, you should disconnect your PC from internet, and ask for help here, so we can help you to remove the virus...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.