No Reply Persistent Virus Infestation: Can't Shake Them Off!

The author of this help request did not reply to the thread in at least 5 days. Therefore, we are going to assume that he does no longer need our help, and close this support request.
If you are the author and still need help, please send a Private Message to any staff member within the next five days. Be sure to include a link to your thread in your private message.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessica09

Thread author
Jun 5, 2023
Hi fellow tech enthusiasts,

I've found myself in a bit of a conundrum recently, and I'm hoping you can help. For the last couple of weeks, I've been battling a seemingly relentless virus infection on my Windows 10 computer.

I've run numerous virus scans with my current antivirus software and manually looked through my installed programs for anything suspicious. While I have managed to eliminate a few problematic files and applications, the core issues persist. One of the primary symptoms I've observed is my browser redirecting to ad-filled pages randomly and the system lagging considerably when performing even simple tasks.

My computer has been running incredibly slow. In my desperation, I've done some additional research and stumbled across this guide on how to remove all viruses from a Windows computer.

The instructions seem comprehensive and thorough, but I thought I'd reach out here before diving into that process.

Has anyone else had dealt with similar persistent virus issues? Also, if you have any other suggestions or precautions for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello..! Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)

Please follow the instructions below..:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Due to lack of activity, this topic is now closed.
If you still need help, open a new topic, and wait for a new helper.

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.