Aura's Protection Setup - KIS Veteran

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Read my post just before yours. I give an explanation to why I have it.
Sorry bro! connection is tad slow your post appeared later,you can delete my prev comment if you wish so :(:(:(

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
What is over the top ? Which aspects ?

Well personally i do not like all these addons that should provide extra security.
I am not saying they are not working but what i am saying is that if i am looking at my own security and the way how i use a PC then i believe that if you got all your eggs counted for then you do not need those extra addons as they only eat resources and slow down the PC and eventually get in the way of other programs.

But then again i do think its a personal thingy.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Well personally i do not like all these addons that should provide extra security.
I am not saying they are not working but what i am saying is that if i am looking at my own security and the way how i use a PC then i believe that if you got all your eggs counted for then you do not need those extra addons as they only eat resources and slow down the PC and eventually get in the way of other programs.

But then again i do think its a personal thingy.

Which addons ? The browser addons ?
Also, at 8GBs of RAM (soon to be 16GBs), with a 128GBs SSD and a 3570K, I don't see any performance less or drastic resources consumptions from these add-ons. It's not like I was doing video rendering, editing, compiling, 24/7 too.

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Which addons ? The browser addons ?
Also, at 8GBs of RAM (soon to be 16GBs), with a 128GBs SSD and a 3570K, I don't see any performance less or drastic resources consumptions from these add-ons. It's not like I was doing video rendering, editing, compiling, 24/7 too.

Well having a beast of a system is always nice. But due to my job i do know a few things about security (just a few) and IMO you do not need all these extra programs because a sensible person who does understand his/her PC and the action = reaction = result habits in regards to browsing and maintaining the PC.
But again thats my own personal opinion and that is no disrespect for you buddy or your configuration.
The simple truth is i do not do torrents, i do not do chat, i do not do lots of downloading so the odds for me that i will visit a weird site in the first place are NILL. And those very few malwares that i might come across are being filtered out before they are even allowed on the network so they do not reach my PC anyway. See what i am saying? Obviously if you do all kinds of things on the Internet then you might feel saver having additional security, yet if one understand his PC and knows how to configure it correctly then you do not need addons.
Again this is my personal opinion.
The bottom line is simple everyone has their own likes and their own ways and if your way works then brilliant right?
That being said i rather see a person like you with some addons and a overall sound configuration then some of these guys who register here without having any security at all. (or just a total mess) So yes your setup seems pretty nice ...well done.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Well having a beast of a system is always nice. But due to my job i do know a few things about security (just a few) and IMO you do not need all these extra programs because a sensible person who does understand his/her PC and the action = reaction = result habits in regards to browsing and maintaining the PC.
But again thats my own personal opinion and that is no disrespect for you buddy or your configuration.
The simple truth is i do not do torrents, i do not do chat, i do not do lots of downloading so the odds for me that i will visit a weird site in the first place are NILL. And those very few malwares that i might come across are being filtered out before they are even allowed on the network so they do not reach my PC anyway. See what i am saying? Obviously if you do all kinds of things on the Internet then you might feel saver having additional security, yet if one understand his PC and knows how to configure it correctly then you do not need addons.
Again this is my personal opinion.
The bottom line is simple everyone has their own likes and their own ways and if your way works then brilliant right?
That being said i rather see a person like you with some addons and a overall sound configuration then some of these guys who register here without having any security at all. (or just a total mess) So yes your setup seems pretty nice ...well done.

It's all good I totally understand your point. I'm just someone who have a real passion for Computing Security and I love to try new programs, extensions, etc. just to see what they do. As long as my setup isn't causing my issues, I have no problem with it. To be honest, I could run only Kaspersky Internet Security and I would be perfectly fine on my computer as I know exactly what I'm doing on the Web/computer and if I come accross an issue, I know how to solve it pretty quick. I just keep that setup because I like it and it doesn't bother me. In the future, I might reduce the bloat but for now, I'm good with it. Also, all the Antimalware tools I listed are being run only like ... monthly or every two months. So it's not intensive usage.

Reactions: Nico@FMA and Oxygen

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
The simple truth is i do not do torrents, i do not do chat, i do not do lots of downloading so the odds for me that i will visit a weird site in the first place are NILL. And those very few malwares that i might come across are being filtered out before they are even allowed on the network so they do not reach my PC anyway.

Looks like I'm the Exact opposite
BTW great config

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Well, I just tested Glary Utilities for a few weeks and I can't say that I'm not really impressed.
Just used the temp file cleaner feature broke my Google Chrome x64 CSS loading for some reason.

Epic

Level 1
Jun 24, 2014
I have a licence for KIS2014. Not sure it works on 2015.
ESET Nod32 is the Internet Security package of ESET, therefore it should include a firewall. You disabled it's Firewall to leave the Windows Firewall enabled in its place ?
I was going around looking at people's config and found the above posts by you.
So I'm obliged to ask-
What makes you say that you have Advanced knowledge in Computing if I may ask ?

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I was going around looking at people's config and found the above posts by you.
So I'm obliged to ask-
What makes you say that you have Advanced knowledge in Computing if I may ask ?

I'll link you my introduction thread once I get home or if I can find it easily in a Google search and you'll see by yourself I guess. Give me a few minutes.

Found it for you while hiding my cellphone from my English teacher. QQ.

http://malwaretips.com/threads/aura-future-it-security-expert-and-it-student.30851/#post-235104

Hesam

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2014
Very good config
54057962617708238801.gif
98990284750322411993.gif

Thanks for share : )

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.