Advice Request Auslogics boostspeed vs wise care 365 Which is better?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, guys
As the Hadding Sayed, which software is better?
I searched over the internet found a lot of things, but non can really answer the question.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
these types of programs have many "addons", "features" and "modules" that are often unnecessary/useless. Web Browsers have the option to delete cookies, cache and browsing data when closing the browser itself. to Defragment HDD/SSD(?) Windows it has its own utility without the need to install anything else, "Cleaning" the registry can be bad in the short or medium time.

from my humble point of view, less is more.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Both brands are good and trustworthy, but Wise offers more for free. You might also consider Glarysoft, while it is not much to look at, it offers a lot.
I prefer Wise myself, I use separate utilities though with no limitations, since they are completely free. Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Both brands are good and trustworthy, but Wise offers more for free. You might also consider Glarysoft, while it is not much to look at, it offers a lot.
I prefer Wise myself, I use separate utilities though with no limitations, since they are completely free. Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner.
I got boost speed's free key (though their giveaway), at the same time I also got wise care pro's key though another giveaway wise offered.

The one thing I am trying to deiced is boost speed offer huge amount of tools, while it is slow, and not that easy to use.
I mean look at this
to do this progress it takes 3 min

1618606561536.png

On the other hand, wise care
it is a fast tool, and a easy looking one, but it offers less tools....(only like 10? while boostspeed got 20+)

1618606626529.png
They can't be used together if I used wise scan, boostspeed tells me it need to be changed, so I really dk which to chose.

Attachments

• 1618606523820.png
    1618606523820.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 1618606752742.png
    1618606752742.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Of the two, Boostspeed is safer to use. Wise Care's registry cleaner has minor issues with false positives and will sometimes delete valid registry keys. Doing so could cause problems. This can be avoided by not using its registry cleaner (you usually never need to clean the registry anyway), or manually checking what it wants to delete to make sure it doesn't want to delete anything that is needed. Having said that, I doubt it would every cause any major issues, but it is something to be aware of. On the other hand Boostspeed's registry cleaner is safe to use as it never deletes needed registry keys. Aside from the minor issues with its registry cleaner, the other functions in Wise Care are safe to use.

I prefer Wise Care, to Boostspeed, but it's just a matter of personal preference. Use whatever works best for you. One thing to consider with Boostspeed, is that in some cases its background monitoring can make your system run slower, but this can be disabled if you need to. If you don't need the tweaking functions in Wise Care and just want to clean junk, then Wise Disk Cleaner would be a better option. It's free and has no registry cleaner. As I already mentioned, you don't need to use a registry cleaner anyway.

Another option to consider is Kerish Doctor. There's no free version, but is safe to use and works very well. Or, you could use none of them and quite possibly your system will run fine anyway.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Of the two, Boostspeed is safer to use. Wise Care's registry cleaner has minor issues with false positives and will sometimes delete valid registry keys. Doing so could cause problems. This can be avoided by not using its registry cleaner (you usually never need to clean the registry anyway), or manually checking what it wants to delete to make sure it doesn't want to delete anything that is needed. Having said that, I doubt it would every cause any major issues, but it is something to be aware of. On the other hand Boostspeed's registry cleaner is safe to use as it never deletes needed registry keys. Aside from the minor issues with its registry cleaner, the other functions in Wise Care are safe to use.

I prefer Wise Care, to Boostspeed, but it's just a matter of personal preference. Use whatever works best for you. One thing to consider with Boostspeed, is that in some cases its background monitoring can make your system run slower, but this can be disabled if you need to. If you don't need the tweaking functions in Wise Care and just want to clean junk, then Wise Disk Cleaner would be a better option. It's free and has no registry cleaner. As I already mentioned, you don't need to use a registry cleaner anyway.

Another option to consider is Kerish Doctor. There's no free version, but is safe to use and works very well. Or, you could use none of them and quite possibly your system will run fine anyway. Very detailed thanks, I think I will use wise disk+boostspeed(safe+better cleaning)

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I usually find giveaway copies of WiseCare Pro, so I've been able to use that. But I don't run it at startup or resident; I just use the cleaner and optimizer if there are problems with the system and it's still slow even after I use what's built-in.

For defrag, even with an SSD in the boot, I notice that things eventually slow down, even with the built-in defrag running at default or run manually (and it just trims the SSD and does a regular defrag of the other hard drives, including one where other programs are installed because the SSD will be full). If it's still slow after using anything else that's built-in, like updates, driver updates, sfc etc., then I try a cleaner and optimizer like what was mentioned plus third-party defrag, and for some weird reason it speeds up. That is, programs load faster, together with folders containing many combinations of large and small files, etc.

I've tried several, and results have been mixed, but the one that seems to do a good job is O&O Defrag, where I usually find giveaway copies of slightly older versions.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
I usually find giveaway copies of WiseCare Pro, so I've been able to use that. But I don't run it at startup or resident; I just use the cleaner and optimizer if there are problems with the system and it's still slow even after I use what's built-in.

For defrag, even with an SSD in the boot, I notice that things eventually slow down, even with the built-in defrag running at default or run manually (and it just trims the SSD and does a regular defrag of the other hard drives, including one where other programs are installed because the SSD will be full). If it's still slow after using anything else that's built-in, like updates, driver updates, sfc etc., then I try a cleaner and optimizer like what was mentioned plus third-party defrag, and for some weird reason it speeds up. That is, programs load faster, together with folders containing many combinations of large and small files, etc.

I've tried several, and results have been mixed, but the one that seems to do a good job is O&O Defrag, where I usually find giveaway copies of slightly older versions.
Better not get too old one, I got a older version of ccleaner(guess wot happened blue screen)
copy of wise care 5.6.3 WiseCare365_PRO_5.6.3.exe pre-registered (not too old, like 0.0.3 older)

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Windows 10 does actually defrag SSDs when it thinks its needed. Recent versions of O&O Defrag include defrag modes specifically for SSDs. CrystalDiskMark has shown an increase in SSD performance after defragging with O&O Defrag.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.