ADWCLEANER.png

Im confused since i paid for the pro version

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
When you install it, Auslogics BoostSpeed gets installed as well. The only way to avoid this is by choosing the Custom Install option, which lets you opt out of installing BoostSpeed. If you stick with the default option of an Express Install, not only is there no option to opt out of installing BoostSpeed, you are not informed that it will be installed.

You may want to have a look at this thread about Auslogics Defrag being detected by AdwCleaner at Malwarebytes for further reading.

Trysoft

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 25, 2016
Actually i downloaded it from a giveaway on MalwareTips that led to a link to WonderFox which gave me a license for lifetime which i then bought the real version with lifetime updates. Is this the cause?

Reactions: NikolayfromRussia

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Actually i downloaded it from a giveaway on MalwareTips that led to a link to WonderFox which gave me a license for lifetime which i then bought the real version with lifetime updates. Is this the cause?
No matter how you got it, it will be flagged by AdwCleaner. It's safe to keep, and if you like it, there is no reason to remove it.

Unfortunately, there is no way to exlcude it from detection in AdwCleaner, as AdwCleaner has not ignore function, which is a huge limitation.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Malwarebytes is flagging Auslogics Defrag ( as a PUP ) on my system , even though I don't have it installed !
I had it long ago , and the only remnant is in AppData , and that is what Malwarebytes is finding .

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Malwarebytes is flagging Auslogics Defrag ( as a PUP ) on my system , even though I don't have it installed !
I had it long ago , and the only remnant is in AppData , and that is what Malwarebytes is finding .
It's common for antimalware software to find leftover traces when you run scans. The majority of the time when you uninstall software, there will be some traces left behind.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I don't think that auslogic defrag is an adware. As I know Auslogics is a PC software company based in Australia. If a defrag downloaded from their official site it should be adware free....

Reactions: frogboy

Trysoft

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 25, 2016
Thanks a lot for your helpful replies!!!
I actually had the Unchecky Service on when i installed Auslogics which didn't flag anything. But i will still keep using Auslogics Defrag. :)

Reactions: roger_m and frogboy

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
i did installed Auslogic last week and my AV went crazy,. cant remember what i'm using that day,. between Avast Free+ Comodo or Avast Internet Security. and then i uninstalled Auslogic, and try O&O Defrag.

After O&O Defrag check and try defrag my HD at first time, its shows 2 days to finished 1TB HD LoL.. Lesson learn, i should partition more instead using full 1 TB, and separate files that rarely changes,.. & some download folder to separate partition, so it's easier to defrag. And give more free space on HD to avoid fragmentation. So I uninstalled most of my games., and repartition my HD.

Screenshot_288.png

& i also separate windows user folder / program files out from my SSD, i'm not rich so i do everything to let my SSD live longer, and yes.. i dont defrag SSD, i just let you know this info. If you wanna know how to https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4275-user-profiles-relocate-another-partition-disk.html

Screenshot_289.png

if you looking for defrag alternative, check on this thread, and try separate the files & partition so you wont need to defrag often anymore
Poll - Which Disk Defrag Software do you use?

Reactions: frogboy

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
There is a portable Auslogic Free Defrag you can try witch don't need installation.

Reactions: roger_m

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@LoLs

I've noticed this kind of thing before , when switching defrag programs .
I always used Piriform Defraggler in the past , then I got a free license for O&O and started using that .

Now , when I try to run Defraggler I get a similar insane time estimate .... ~ 2 Days

Reactions: LoLs
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.