AutoIt Riskware?

AutoIt should be classified as a Riskware?

• YES

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Lalith Jayasinghe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
Today my pc attacked by an AutoIT driven script while protecting by WSA and avast. So I thought to know what you think about AutoIT.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
It most likely is riskware. Have you downloaded anything suspicious lately? Anyway, I would consult this site for removal instructions. <MALICIOUS LINK REMOVED>

Last edited by a moderator:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
There are a lot of viruses writen with autoit because it is powerfull and simple, but there is many good tools written with auto it too. So it depends on the file.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
It most likely is riskware. Have you downloaded anything suspicious lately? Anyway, I would consult this site for removal instructions. http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/e...dows/autoit-team/autoit-v3-script/autoit-exe/
Right it is mostly riskware? LOL AutoIT is a great piece of software and 100% legit and supported across the world. And to clarify its not about AutoIT.exe as the tuto shows.
But the topic starter talks about AutoIT driven script (AutoIT is a scripting program & engine)

Cheers

Today my pc attacked by an AutoIT driven script while protecting by WSA and avast. So I thought to know what you think about AutoIT.

AutoIT is by no means a Riskware, AutoIT (Automate day-to-day tasks on computers) has a very respectable name, and its tools are very very useful. AutoIT is no more riskware then VB-Net, Python, Pascal, or even good old batch. So the idea that AutoIT could be riskware is 100% BS.
Yet like any scripting engine that allows quick scripting simplicity is its biggest ally and also its biggest enemy.
For a malware writer having the options AutoIT offers + its simplicity is a sure golden combo to generate rather sophisticated scripts to facilitate malicious software behavior. As a AutoIT user myself (from time to time) i can tell you that AutoIT truly does rock in its own right, the community is helpful and does HATE anyone trying to use AutoIT for malicious reasons.
So no love for malicious AutoIT users, not to mention that AutoIT has made some significant changes to their source code that would make life for malware guys a bit more difficult.
Yet how far could AutoIT be responsible for misuse of their software? Considering that free tools like Notepath++ and other script programs suffer the same problems.

So do not worry about AutoIT its 100% safe, tested and has a great track record.
I hope this helps.

Kind Regards Nico

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it goes along the same where some source code written like in AutoIT script file made and other compilers may trigger riskware due to operations that likely caused same for an actual suspicious behavior.

Its a problem for AV and if you are doing for educational purpose then there's nothing wrong at all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.