Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
MLbpv.png

Link

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Check out Bitdefender & F-Secure! Trendmicro did well too.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
100% for the 2. Good job. Might try F-secure.

Trend Micro and PC tools surprisingly did a good job.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Artemis said:
Bitdefender , F secure, G Data, .... fantastic results

common point : BD engine ;)

F-secure uses Aquarius (BD engine renamed) with its own one called Hydra

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Whoa, even Webroot and Ahn did better than the last time but only a little bit.
Its really nice to see Trend up there! I guess they did something right finally!
Avast also did great but it was user dependent on things. Panda I was shocked because I never seen it perform that low. Congrats to Bitdefender, Trend, Kaspersky, and all the products that uses BD Engine :D

But wow... I'm shocked to see that McAfee out performed Eset and AVG O_O

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How does Bitdefender do it?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Earth said:
How does Bitdefender do it?

Indeed a 100% score it's not something that you can see every day........ Wonder what happened there :dodgy:

Attachments

• results.jpg
    results.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 417
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Thanks for the response 3link9. I could only think of the sandbox too but I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
BD is great. Glad to be using BD. The surprise was Trend and McAfee. Fseucre also uses Kaspersky defs I suppose.
BD does great has the have vast virus DB and maybe the team is hardworking. Norton has been displaced from the top spot by BD. IF BD continues they will win the gold AV ward from AV comparatives.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is the Sandbox is the blue pop-up, and the File Reputation the orange pop-up, where both are user dependant?

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
ZeroDay said:
Thanks for the response 3link9. I could only think of the sandbox too but I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Unless Avast asked AV-C to test it with Behavior Shield on ask instead of Auto which I doubt, the only thing I can really think of is the sandbox.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
What happened to Symantec?

Good question, Symantec appears to be missing from all the latest AV tests.
Maybe they did very bad and didn't want the results published.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
malbky said:
Fseucre also uses Kaspersky defs I suppose.

lol, why people dont read what i wrote :p

i gave precision about F-Secure earlier in the thread : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-av-comparatives-August-results?pid=74441#pid74441

Littlebits said:
Good question, Symantec appears to be missing from all the latest AV tests.
Maybe they did very bad and didn't want the results published.

Norton said that they will not appears in some tests done by labs, mostly because they are focused on prevention and real-world usage of their solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.