Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
rmci7ucw6z.png

ibf5sz3qpb.png

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/avc_beh_201403_en.pdf

D

Deleted member 21043

It says this test was in March. The AV vendors which were missed could have upgraded their engines by now.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
To be honest i don't trust these ''independent'' tests that gives Bitdefender & Kaspersky 100% detection in most tests.
TOO good to be true.
I only trust online tests by specific persons and of course of what i have tried the last years

D

Deleted member 21043

Is tiranium any good, or does it use VT? I'm confused :confused:
Tiranium does detect malicious files correctly, but as for the VirusTotal thing you'd be better off asking the admins/staff or Dubseven himself. There is no point posting it on the threads anymore because every time someone does it (I admit, I have done it in the past) a massive argument kicks out and the results aren't pretty. So im not going to say anything about whether it does or doesn't, but yeah, contact the admins/staff or @Dubseven if you want to know. They know best.

Reactions: Circe and yigido

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I don't trust this kind of tests too.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
there is a subtle pattern. lol

may be it's just a ploy to condition consumers' minds and have nothing to do with the effectiveness of the AV. call it scripted

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 21043

there is a subtle pattern. lol

may be it's just a ploy to condition consumers' minds and have nothing to do with the effectiveness of the AV. call it scripted
Maybe their getting bribed by the AV companies to make others look bad and them look good...

Reactions: WinXPert

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
An interesting question is, who's providing the samples? The batches must be tailor made to make a select few perform impressively and others do a what we call "epic fail"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.