Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malwarekiller said:
Who says they havent improved with signatures this year?? they surely have...see: http://malwaretips.com/attachment.php?aid=1883

Yes they have improved but compared to Avast, Kaspersky and Bitdefender it's not doing the best.

malwarekiller said:
the fact that trend yet needs to do something on signatures as it let in ramnit on here: http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Malware-Discussions/Trojan-Ramnit/m-p/82878#M11546

All I see is that you've copied what Jack has been using in the malware removal forum and using it over at the Trend forum.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
McLovin said:
Yes they have improved but compared to Avast, Kaspersky and Bitdefender it's not doing the best.

I have tested it...it seems to be pretty good..just some few more work out on signatures and i am sure they will improve overtime..they are a serious competitor...

however,i find it weird!! that every year only BD and KIS stay on top....shouldnt this change every year?? their results always promote KIS and BD on top..i guess there is something wrong :(

And they dont specify the User dependent part..on what the product describes....and I noticed that avast! and a few others were badly pulled down to 1 star...dur to excess FP's....for me FP is not a problem...just exclusions can be set in few seconds.. :shy:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing wrong with a well performing product, in fact it's not unusual at all. For a paid product one should expect superior protection. Yes "free" products can perform just as well, but there are normally expectations when using a paid product.

Say you buy a high-performance sports car, but the manufacturers supplies only stock low-performance parts.

malwarekiller said:
however,i find it weird!! that every year only BD and KIS stay on top....shouldnt this change every year?? their results always promote KIS and BD on top..i guess there is something wrong :(

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
I mean..shouldnt this result change??...as its not only 1 AV winning the war always...Its really hard for me to believe that BD and KIS top every year and others like ESET etc etc dont top in past 2 years :huh:

P.S. agree that free product can do well too...as avast did well in protection this year with protection rate...but it needs to repair their bugs and FP's...this is what that downgraded them to 1 star this year

Galaxy

Jul 23, 2012
You get what you pay for, if your using a free product and it goes wrong you get no help. I suggest you pay for software if your running a bussiness but if its just for personal or your mums laptop then use free antivirus.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Galaxy said:
You get what you pay for, if your using a free product and it goes wrong you get no help. I suggest you pay for software if your running a bussiness but if its just for personal or your mums laptop then use free antivirus.

Well,if you looked at the protection rates you will see that avast free did better than many paid solutions:p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malwarekiller said:
I have tested it...it seems to be pretty good..just some few more work out on signatures and i am sure they will improve overtime..they are a serious competitor...

And they dont specify the User dependent part..on what the product describes....and I noticed that avast! and a few others were badly pulled down to 1 star...dur to excess FP's....for me FP is not a problem...just exclusions can be set in few seconds.. :shy:

You still haven't answered my question about the copying you have been doing.

Plus all I have seen with what you have said in the past is that you think Avast is the be all end all. Which I do agree it's great but when ever someone says, "I think they can improve" you have a go at them saying that no Avast is better then what you think.

I love Trend but I know it's not the best in some areas like it's signature AV, that is something that can be improved.

Not trying to have ago but just saying I find it annoying evertime there has to be something with Avast or that if someone has something that Avast can improve on you shoot them down.

Yes you also have tested it but I have as well and I personally think that it can be improved on in some areas. Plus you remind me of a user that has been here on this forum and another forum that always has to have the last word.

malwarekiller said:
Well,if you looked at the protection rates you will see that avast free did better than many paid solutions

Here I get the impression that your saying that Avast beats any paid security suite hands down. It doesn't, each AV has it's strong points and it's weak points. Like Trend it's web guard is very strong but it's signature AV is well crap.
Plus I think it's very very copiying what Jack puts in the removal guide area and posting on another forum without giving any credit. If you were going to do that (well I would) you have to put credit onto where you got all that guide from. I've done it in the past and gotten banned from the forum I was copying off. Not a good feeling and it makes me to believe is that what have you done on forums that has not been indexed to Google yet have you copied guides that you have not written. I have this strong feeling that if you are going to copy you have to GIVE CREDIT!

I think I've said enough again.

/rant over

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
McLovin said:
Plus I think it's very very copiying what Jack puts in the removal guide area and posting on another forum without giving any credit

sorry about that...but 100% agree..I will give credit from on :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.