qJzo79qC_o.jpg

D

Deleted member 65228

AV-Comparatives results are Currency driven
Virus Bulletin
These are far more better and Reliable
MRG Effitas
hahahahahaha

The results are based on what people who did the survey chose. They did not take bribes to influence the results, it would be stupid and pointless anyway.

Don't slander them. Provide proof or you are the one spreading bogus info.

People always try to knock down these testing companies. What do you actually gain from it? Nothing. Think you can do a better survey with more accurate results yourself? Sure go ahead and try.

They make income from testing, results cost money to be published. That is their job. If someone does not agree with their work then that is fine but there is no need to make a false statement.

What is acceptable:
"I think that they are money-driven"

What is not acceptable:
"They are money-driven, the results are based on bribes"

There is a HUGE difference between the two.

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
hahahahahaha

The results are based on what people who did the survey chose. They did not take bribes to influence the results, it would be stupid and pointless anyway.

Don't slander them. Provide proof or you are the one spreading bogus info.

:ROFLMAO:
Our av testers tests are more than enough i THINK
In AV-C tests Panda , Avira , Mcafee always top consistently in Real World
But all the 3 are a Garbage ...COMODO is far better than these..
Never seen them working in My zero day tests
Personal opinion though:)
I want to see a Day when a Malware SUE these AV-C labs while tests going on
Hope it is very near:LOL:

D

Deleted member 65228

I want to see a Day when a Malware SUE these AV-C labs while tests going on
How is a malware author going to sue an AV testing vendor? There's a legal procedure to it. They cannot stand up and say, "They did something bad, we do not like them, we wish to sue them".

Malware authors cannot testify in court unless they are helping provide evidence against someone else/have made a deal. They would expose themselves for their own crimes.

The last thing a malware author is going to do is get themselves locked up while trying to sue an innocent testing vendor.

You have to have a reason to file a lawsuit. Malware authors do not have a reason, even if they could do it.

Reverse engineering is legal in most areas depending on the cause, and it isn't illegal to do what AV testing vendors do.

About the tests here, they should also be taken with a grain of salt. All of them are "real world" because malicious software is real and people do get infected by downloading and running malware, be it a test from here or AV-C. Whether you want to agree with the test or not is down to you.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
How is a malware author going to sue an AV testing vendor? There's a legal procedure to it. They cannot stand up and say, "They did something bad, we do not like them, we wish to sue them".

Malware authors cannot testify in court unless they are helping provide evidence against someone else/have made a deal. They would expose themselves for their own crimes.

The last thing a malware author is going to do is get themselves locked up while trying to sue an innocent testing vendor.

You have to have a reason to file a lawsuit. Malware authors do not have a reason, even if they could do it.

Reverse engineering is legal in most areas depending on the cause, and it isn't illegal to do what AV testing vendors do.

About the tests here, they should also be taken with a grain of salt. All of them are "real world" because malicious software is real and people do get infected by downloading and running malware, be it a test from here or AV-C. Whether you want to agree with the test or not is down to you.
I do agree with U
But i do see there are few who do it quite sincerely
Mrg effitas - G data failed in the Banking Test ... immediately they have come up with an unseen Banking Guard (invisible) which is impossible to test by anyone. Improvement is visible in my own tests..when my browser is hijacked {warned me not to enter any crediential due to malicious traffic)...it maynot caught the reason though
Selabs.Uk - Fared quite poorly in FILELESS Malware tests... G data came up with an improvement
ohh god I pity these AV-C :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 65228

Yeah it's fine to think they are crap or they are money-driven, I just can't stand it when someone words it as a statement without having actual evidence to back it up. I know what you meant though, I didn't mean to sound hostile... But I know you know what I mean so it's all good? :)

I don't trust AV-C either, not because of their testing but I just don't trust them. I neither care for their results. I do trust VirusBulletin though, and I like VirusBulletin a lot. But I don't have a statement with evidence as to why I don't like AV-C, that's just my opinion.

The new Security Survey 2018 is available for download on AV-Comparatives Website :)

https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/security_survey2018_en.pdf

enjoy reading it :geek:

If you read the report... ROFL

Every report generated by all the labs, you can pick out parts and punch holes in them. However, the sentence that states that 33 % of respondents report that their security solutions blocked malware within the past week seems pretty bogus to me. And the problem is almost certainly with the respondents not knowing the difference between a malware block and a webpage block that isn't malicious - for example.

This is just a single example of why statistics are not reliable. Questions and answers must be crafted and written in such a way that wide latitude of intent and interpretation is not possible or permitted. The question and answers must be very explicit and precise. If there is wide variance of interpretation of the question and the answers, then the statistical value of the question and answers are meaningless to the survey. And for one, there are non-native English people responding to an English-only survey, which is sure to result in skewed statistical results.

The credibility of that report is dubious. It always has been.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.