AV Comparatives Security Survey 2018

D

Deleted member 65228

Questions and answers must be crafted and written in such a way that wide latitude of intent and interpretation is not possible or permitted. The question and answers must be very explicit and precise. If there is wide variance of interpretation of the question and the answers, then the statistical value of the question and answers are meaningless to the survey. And for one, there are non-native English people responding to an English-only survey
These my friend are some very good points :)

I think they should note this on their survey results

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
all of them better than GDATA
because GDATA slow your pc
PROTECTION is what that matters me...and they promise what they do...NEVER BLOAT
Never steal privacy to generate revenue..innovative in their own ways...
Most of all...WORLD FIRST AV MAKERS...they know what they do better than us..:cool::cool:

Reactions: Syafiq and low L!fe

AV-Freak

Level 1
Verified
Feb 14, 2018
PROTECTION is what that matters me...and they promise what they do...NEVER BLOAT
Never steal privacy to generate revenue..innovative in their own ways...
Most of all...WORLD FIRST AV MAKERS...they know what they do better than us..:cool::cool:
Indeed Gdata slows down your p.c..but it has a reputed behavior blocker and not many a.v's with multiple engines allow to select between the engines in the scanner settings.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Indeed Gdata slows down your p.c..but it has a reputed behavior blocker and not many a.v's with multiple engines allow to select between the engines in the scanner settings.
It would be quite good..if u test LATEST VERSION...never believe in what others say..
Believe in what u see
G data is almost lighter now..not that heavy..
If Your PC is on low end..its not entirely correct to scramble G data..
Its Lighter and will be more in the future

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Hello low L!fe,
what version of G Data did you use that slowed down your pc? because if it was the current one (25.4.0.3), I'll disagree with you, G Data has been improving a lot in the last updates on performance issue, and this new version is very light, browsing, using programs, playing, I have nothing to complain about.

Reactions: Syafiq and Vasudev

These my friend are some very good points :)

I think they should note this on their survey results

@Opcode

I would not be surprised if the people running the show at AV-Comparatives don't know the first thing about statistical analysis and validation. And if they do know then they simply choose to ignore the first principles. I've only had 4 or 5 university statistics classes and the one thing that is pounded into your head is the validity of sampling, analysis, bias etc and that how all of that affects\influences outcomes. In other words, what you do influences the numbers. So in the case of a poll - which is a questionnaire - the type of questions and how they are phrased as well as they answers to it are phrased - are of paramount importance. So is the fact it that all of it is written in English and many non-native English speakers will answer it.

AV labs aren't going to spend the extra money (the expensive money) to ensure their tests are statistically valid. If their customers are willing to pay that extra expensive money, then I'm sure the labs would be willing to pass on those costs. But you and I both know nobody is going to be willing to absorb extra costs.

P

plat1098

The environment of the test lab does not translate well to the infinite variations of the unwashed. It's like you compare lab rat and pizza rat --the same varmint, yet different. I'm still trying to nail that definitive thing about AV comparative testing and I can't quite do it. The survey is just another example. The only way to get "real data" with statistical validity is to pull it off a cross-section of actual user machines. People fudge answers and how are aggregate results tabulated? Ain't nobody gonna tell you. Subjectivity and hands messing in the pool pollute the study every time.

Reactions: bribon77 and Syafiq

The environment of the test lab does not translate well to the infinite variations of the unwashed. It's like you compare lab rat and pizza rat --the same varmint, yet different. I'm still trying to nail that definitive thing about AV comparative testing and I can't quite do it. The survey is just another example. The only way to get "real data" with statistical validity is to pull it off a cross-section of actual user machines. People fudge answers and how are aggregate results tabulated? Ain't nobody gonna tell you. Subjectivity and hands messing in the pool pollute the study every time.

Of course people that answer that poll have an agenda. At least some do.

Reactions: Syafiq
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I have tried Vipre and AVG in a VM testing malware. I have never used GData. Both Vipre and AVG were full blown betas. What does GData offer over these?
And is it free?

Reactions: Syafiq

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Gdata is a pioneer of it-security. Dual-engine-av with bitdefender-signatures + own and with one of the best behavior blocker. No bloatware..Just focus on security. It's not free but you can try a trial version for testing

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.