aliali

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2016

Product of the Year 2018

Avast

award_27690_1699324_poty.png

https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/avc_sum_201812_en.pdf
Summary Report 2018 | AV-Comparatives

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Totally unbelievable tests if Bitdefender placed 2nd and Avast first ?
Bitdefender is so buggy how can it be 2nd best ?
This is a bought test i am sure of it.
Don't think there is any proof of that really. I don't always go by these tests, I normally give them a pinched of salt. Any product on the day could be better than Avast!

~LDogg

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
how can it be 2nd best ?
Says right there in the report:
Being recognized as “Product of the Year” does not mean that a program is the “best” in all cases and for everyone: it only means that its overall performance in our tests throughout the year was consistent and unbeaten.
Our awards are based on test results only and do not consider other factors ...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
So it looks like AVAST only got a bronze prize in the performance department.

"Avast is Product of the Year 2018. It received an Avanced+ Award in every test this year. It also takes the Gold Award for the Malware Protection Test, Silver for Malware Removal, and Bronze for the Performance Test."

That surprised me, because I often see AVAST recommended as a light AV, appropriate even for weak hardware.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
So it looks like AVAST only got a bronze prize in the performance department.

"Avast is Product of the Year 2018. It received an Avanced+ Award in every test this year. It also takes the Gold Award for the Malware Protection Test, Silver for Malware Removal, and Bronze for the Performance Test."

That surprised me, because I often see AVAST recommended as a light AV, appropriate even for weak hardware.

Avast! is very light, there are no surprises here.

Bronze prize because it was ranked at the 3rd place (behind ESET and K7) and it won the "advanced +" badge.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.