AV engines in QuickHeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

They most likely use their own in-house engine with Bitdefender, I doubt they use any other additional engines (of course anyone reading, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

If you have the product installed you can check the settings and see if you can find any settings regarding enabled engines; alternatively you could become an explorer and dig deep into the files used by the AV product from the installation directory (e.g. check the properties of the files and see if any are digitally signed by any other external vendors, etc).

Alan Taylor

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 21, 2015
They most likely use their own in-house engine with Bitdefender, I doubt they use any other additional engines (of course anyone reading, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

If you have the product installed you can check the settings and see if you can find any settings regarding enabled engines; alternatively you could become an explorer and dig deep into the files used by the AV product from the installation directory (e.g. check the properties of the files and see if any are digitally signed by any other external vendors, etc).
I know that the BitDefender engine has always been in the Total Security version but was not sure whether it was in the other two "lower" versions. I have seen a comment on these forums saying that IS has both BD and Avira!
I am particularly interested as until very recently QH was known to be near the bottom in malware tests but av-test.org's recent results on Win 10 and a recent cruelsister video shows that detection has greatly improved. A new engine?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Alan Taylor: I highly doubt it is an improved version of in-house engine but still more room for improvements.

That overhaul change occur since 2013 version. I don't think so that Avira signatures is included in that matter because those samples should be easily flagged despite of zero day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.