AV-Test: june 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Out-of-the-box it's awful. It's like a kit car: assembly required and not all the parts fit so you'll have to work around it or supplement it with your own parts. It's also requires far too much user intervention...we already have UAC to play the nagging mother-in-law role and we see how swimmingly that works (in the real world, not theoretical and not in a lab).

No, only evidence found was against Tencent and the other two (Qihoo and Baidu) were only accused but not cleared even though it was specifically announced that there was no evidence of cheating on their part. cf. http://malwaretips.com/threads/av-comparatives-real-world-protection-test-march-–-june-2015.48405/#post-411019

Mass media: where rumour > fact

Just lol nothing more to add.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013

Offtopic.

Let me lol a bit more here:
PgQBMdj.png

Not to mention the press release by Qihoo admitting that they used the BD engine to get high test scores, yet their QVM was pretty much for show... gimme a break lol..

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
and the biggest surprise was ESET and AVG results, for me...

D

Deleted member 178

chinese often cheat to be first , in Vietnam where i am , they even manage to resell their chicken frozen since 40 years :D

so i'm totally not surprised ! ;)

Reactions: Sloth and frogboy
H

hjlbx

chinese often cheat to be first , in Vietnam where i am , they even manage to resell their chicken frozen since 40 years :D

so i'm totally not surprised ! ;)

Chinese have different mentality - they do not consider it cheating...

40 year-old, frozen chicken ???

D

Deleted member 178

Chinese have different mentality - they do not consider it cheating...

40 year-old, frozen chicken ???

yes exactly, they call it competition :D (you must do all you can to win, cheating is just a tool hahaha )

40 years yes, amazing no ^^

Chinese always lurk upon Vietnam, so some Vietnamese start to think China try to poison them to reduce the population then in the future take over Vietnam lol

H

hjlbx

@Umbra

I remember border disputes in 1980s... "border wars" - and - Spratly Island disputes.

China has always wanted to annex Vietnam - for very long time now - is this not correct ?

Off topic, I know... do not want political discussion - I just say facts.

H

hjlbx

What does "AE config" refer to?

AE config = anti-executable configuration.

CIS developers give user two options:
  • Change auto-sandbox setting for Unrecognized files from "Run Virtually" to "Block."
  • In HIPS settings, enable "Do NOT show popups - Block Requests." (Blocks all Unrecognized files)
There is also related firewall setting:

Enable "Do NOT show popups - Block Requests." (Blocks all Unrecognized files from accessing network)

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

and for even a tighter CIS, empty the trusted vendor list ;)

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
China has always wanted to annex Vietnam

You must be kidding.
In 1965, America tried to invade Vietnam. At that time, 320 thousand of Chinese soldiers went to support Vietnam and fight against America.
In 1979, Vietnam got support from USSR and invaded us. So our Chinese military had to fight against them.
Now we only want to get our islands in South China Sea back.

Reactions: darko999
H

hjlbx

and for even a tighter CIS, empty the trusted vendor list ;)

Untick "Trust applications signed by trusted vendors" now disables Trusted Vendor List (TVL) completely.

I completely removed TVL once - and found I could not restore it - and, worse, it caused black-screen system because CIS blocked\sandboxed bunch of critical system files.

It was bad experience so I only disable the TVL using the above mentioned setting.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
You must be kidding.
In 1965, America tried to invade Vietnam. At that time, 320 thousand of Chinese soldiers went to support Vietnam and fight against America.
In 1979, Vietnam got support from USSR and invaded us. So our Chinese military had to fight against them.
Now we only want to get our islands in South China Sea back.

Guys off-topic for a minute is ok, but this is so far off-topic that one could make a new forum section for this...
So stay on topic...

Thanks.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Very productive. If you have nothing to add, please don't add anything. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the press release by Qihoo admitting that they used the BD engine to get high test scores, yet their QVM was pretty much for show... gimme a break lol..
Qihoo admitted to stating that to the AV testers when they provided the software to be tested--which no respectable consumer product tester asks for a sample; they acquire it the same way the consumer does--why didn't they do that? Additionally, why did this all come out 2 months after the fact?

At the end of the day, Qihoo 360 performs exceptionally well and is a top shelf product; test it yourself (or not...it's your stuff, your money, but don't claim to be "objective" if you rule out options based on professional gossip and not observable, repeatable testing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.