Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have a bit of concern about the performance test result as kaspersky always slows down my copy speed noticeably while avast almost cannot notice the difference (with transient caching disable -> maybe this is the reason)

Reactions: askmark
H

hjlbx

That's interesting, I didt see that, but like @hjlbx said, for me what I saw in different PCs is way different. I found Kaspersky and BD slow down my PC significantly compared with ESET or Norton, even running them in a i5, 8GB RAM.

For one thing AV test labs do not consider a long system reboot caused by\as a result of an installed AV a system slow down; only the system boot time from completely off is considered.

So that is why I am saying there is a lot of details left out of these reports that the vast majority of users would consider important in evaluating the softs.

Reactions: ttto and yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.