Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Baidu is vulnerable VirtualBox_Windows 7_11_12_2015_13_40_32.png

Trend Micro is vulnerable VirtualBox_Windows 7_11_12_2015_14_04_40.png

Avast is vulnerable VirtualBox_Windows 7_11_12_2015_14_16_49.png

Bullguard is vulnerable VirtualBox_Windows 7_11_12_2015_14_28_10.png

Bitdefender is not vulnerable 1.png

Might test more AV's later on today if some are still missing.

Last edited:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
So, I did a test with no AV and tested IE and Firefox.
Test with IE failed and test with Firefox pass.

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

Test with Edge or Opera it crush the AVulnerabilityChecker

Last edited:

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Just tried the same test with Avira Pro using Chrome and was found vulnerable. Tested twice, vulnerable both times. The repeated with Firefox again, and not vulnerable. Makes me glad I use Firefox, lol.

EDIT: Summary of my testing: AV testing! Message #44

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Av Gurus So that's strange where IE 8 passed the test compare on the latest one. (Without AV), as an assumption where IE is fully patched with numerous hotfix from different categories of vulnerabilities compare to other browser.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
@Av Gurus So that's strange where IE 8 passed the test compare on the latest one. (Without AV), as an assumption where IE is fully patched with numerous hotfix from different categories of vulnerabilities compare to other browser.

I'm not sure if I was clearly expressed in the last post.
Test with IE8 is vulnerable and test with FF is not.

Maybe I misunderstood what you want to say.

Last edited:

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
believed its AV+Browser as the results shown here is not consistent.
Tried it and it crashed (Yandex & Cyberfox). IE, Firefox and Chrome is supported.
I think it's just the way test is coded to recognize most common browsers only, so members should ONLY use IE, Firefox or Chrome and let the test scan what it's meant to : Security product residing in the system.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I think it's just the way test is coded to recognize most common browsers only, so members should ONLY use IE, Firefox or Chrome and let the test scan what it's meant to : Security product residing in the system.

Yes you're correct, but the results finding are dependable on what browser you chose to run the test.
Example here:

Chrome + Webroot = Failed
Firefox + Webroot = Passed

Chrome + Avira Pro = Failed
Firefox + Avira Pro = Passed

I don't rely on antivirus to keep my system protected in realtime as there are other prevention measures which suite my cause.
Members like Umbra and some others who tested antivirus days in days out realized that.
Personally i hate Google Chrome and most Antivirus are just Spyware.
This is just a matter of personal opinion.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Chrome + Webroot = Failed
Firefox + Webroot = Passed

Chrome + Avira Pro = Failed
Firefox + Avira Pro = Passed
This could be Chrome as the same Project Zero blog recommends the open source chromium sandbox used by it.Not sure.

Offtopic: I agree Chrome or anything related to google is like a built in spyware.I had used SRware Iron in the past, dont know how it reacts to the testing.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.