Advice Request AV Vendors False Postives submit questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Am I right here or not when no you can Change it to the right place

Have anyone have a contact email for These 2 AV Vendors please

Cylance
SentinelOne (Static ML)

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi

I can`t send Baidu false positives by their emails to them

Is Baidu dead

And Infos about this to send them False Positives over the submit formular i have send the the Files but it is not fixed yet

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Oh ##### and how can I submit samples to them now

With best Regards
Mops21

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
https://malwaretips.com/threads/how...ositives-to-multiple-antivirus-vendors.56620/

This thread was written by @tim one

Hello everyone

We planned to upgrade the SUD list with the links of the main AV vendors in order to facilitate the sending of undetected samples in our Virus Exchange section.

Special Thanks to @Rishi for this great work! :)

Credits (in progress): @OokamiCreed, @harlan4096, @Jrs30, @Wihat

Online submission (fastest) and/or email list :

In the order :

Vendor: Online submission / Email submission

Additional notes: this thread will be kept up to date.

1.Products like Bullguard(BD) or Trustport(AVG and BD) which are dependent on other engines for detections - the tester should check if the parent engines have already received the samples by other testers/ if not wait till everyone has posted and then SUD to the parent antivirus.

2.Some products allow submission from GUI(Forticlient,ESET,etc) or cloud itself, in that case SUD from online-form/email is not necessary.The list has been constructed for providing another option and reference in this case.

3.For multi-engine antivirus, it should be clear which sample was detected by which engine and then follow the procedure listed in #1 for the undetected samples by respective engine.

4. About Avira: submitted samples must be less or equal to 20 and less than 5 MB

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos but I have uplouded the detected Files about the Formular from Baidu and I did not get any Response from them

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: Der.Reisende
I

illumination

Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos but I have uplouded the detected Files about the Formular from Baidu and I did not get any Response from them

With best Regards
Mops21
Some of these companies are horrible about returning verification of receipt, some can even be down right rude about it. The best you can do, is find an inside contact with the company/developers, or just submit and hope they utilize what you have taken time to point out.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Some of these companies are horrible about returning verification of receipt, some can even be down right rude about it. The best you can do, is find an inside contact with the company/developers, or just submit and hope they utilize what you have taken time to point out.
+1

Or simply move to a more user-oriented solution.
The European version of Baidu seems to be discontinued, a quick Google search gives only downloads for the 2015 version.
Seems only be supported in terms of signatures / cloud.
Not the solution I‘d want to use, regardless of how good the signatures might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.