Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast dropped a new beta build v17.3.2289.

Changes:
  • Issue with playing HTML5 videos in the SafeZone browser
  • Improved compatibility with Windows 10 Creators Update
  • Fixed issue with disabling components, which require restart
  • Avast account login is back on the dashboard
  • Fixed time and formatting for scheduled scans UI
Download Beta:
BETA testing - Overview & Download links

Known issues:
  • Scans do not start on scheduled time
  • Cleanup does not show progress when executed on scheduled time
If you are willing to help, please see this new thread about licensing changes in the beta channel:
New licensing in the beta channel

Alikhan

Level 2
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
The following issues were also fixed with this BETA.

- The UI should auto fit the screen resolution if the UI was too big.
- The Avast account is back in GUI
- Many UI issues have been fixed,
- Virus chest dialog are fixed.
- When running a scan and the toaster was opened, when scan completed, the toaster would show scan cancelled. That has been fixed.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Hi all,
we just released new AVAST beta.
Again, we would like to ask for your help with testing our new licensing backend. If you are willing to help, please see this new thread about licensing changes in the beta channel:
New licensing in the beta channel

FIXED:

- Firewall: Fixed internet connectivity not working after update (until restart) on Win XP, Vista and 7 - should now always work immediately
- HNS: Fixed incorrectly displayed vulnerabilities - vulnerability info is now correct
- Web Shield: Fixed SSL scanning issue on some sites - sites now load correctly
- Issues with login to roaming profile after update
- Passwords: Fixed issues with self-authorization and import from Easy Pass
- Issue with installation on Braswell CPUs
- Network problems after update on Vista
- Numerous crashes fixed

Download links:

BETA testing - Overview & Download links

Known issues:

- Avast does not recognize Cleanup license after update

Enjoy this beta!
We are looking forward to your feedback.

AVAST Team

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Avast, statement attributed to Ondrej Vlcek, CTO and GM of consumer business: “We were alerted by Cybellum last year through our bug bounty program to a potential self-defense bypass exploit. We implemented the fix at the time of reporting and therefore can confirm that both the Avast and AVG 2017 products, launched earlier this year, are not vulnerable. It is important to note that the exploit requires administrator privileges to conduct the attack and once that's the case, there are numerous other ways to cause damage or modify the underlying operating system itself. Therefore, we rate the severity of this issue as "low" and Cybellum's emphasis on the risk of this exploit to be overstated.Microsoft tool exploit DoubleAgent can turn antivirus software into your worst enemy

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Avast products have been quite buggy lately, even the sable releases. I still have an issue with the behavioral blocker giving errors when running normal applications like firefox. Up till now I don't think they've addressed the issue, even after posting in their forums and contacting support

Reactions: sunshineboy

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Avast products have been quite buggy lately, even the sable releases. I still have an issue with the behavioral blocker giving errors when running normal applications like firefox. Up till now I don't think they've addressed the issue, even after posting in their forums and contacting support
Yes.It is buggy.You can set an exclusion.
Avast GUI -> Settings -> Components -> Behavior Shield

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Btw i just cheak if the issue fixed or not and look's like they fixed the issue with firefox and behavioral blocker.I am running firefox 52.0.1(32-bit) and Avast 17.2.2288(Build 17.2.3419.64).Giving no errors when running normal applications firefox.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 383

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Btw i just cheak if the issue fixed or not and look's like they fixed the issue with firefox and behavioral blocker.I am running firefox 52.0.1(32-bit) and Avast 17.2.2288(Build 17.2.3419.64).Giving no errors when running normal applications firefox.

Still a no go for me, I'm running the latest versions of everything and still getting an error pop up whenever I try to run firefox. (Doesn't only happen in firefox, there are some other trusted applications I run too that cause the same error)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 435

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Still a no go for me, I'm running the latest versions of everything and still getting an error pop up whenever I try to run firefox. (Doesn't only happen in firefox, there are some other trusted applications I run too that cause the same error)
Can you post the avast forum link of your problem?
Does the exclusion worked?

Reactions: sunshineboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.