I'm glad to announce that we've just released AVAST 2014 RC1 (build number 9.0.2003).
Many thanks for all comments you provided us here on the forum and feedback.avast.com from the previous betas!
We've fixed many problems, here is the list of the most important ones:
- FW sometimes blocked downloading of files
- WebShield is now fully IPv6 compatible
- ARA was not fully compatible with previous versions of avast!
- UI statistics page was redesigned
- Disabling of the Web Shield is now working fine
- RescueDisk tuning (GUI & usability)
- GUI glitches
- Network protection component tuning & compatibility (Win8 ) - no more Tdi technology
- Windows 8.1 compatibility
- Smooth updates of VPS & program
- Updated the SafeZone browser
- IE crashes fixed
- my.devices tab GUI tuning
It should be possible to install this version on top of your existing avast! installation (all settings should be preserved).
Also, please try to update through UI (using the in-program updater). If you notice anything unusual related to the installation, networking, please let us know. Network component
(including FW) and setup component have been redesigned, so any negative signs should be checked. Thanks in advance!
AND, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO FOLLOW THE UPDATE SCENARIO FOR RC1 - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=135712.0 (from version 8 )
WE REALLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK FROM THAT!
Any feedback is appreciated! https://feedback.avast.com/response/add
thanks a lot,