hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=157520.0

Here is the list of major changes/improvements:

• HTTPS scanning
Ability to detect and decrypt TLS/SSL protected traffic in the Web-content filtering component. This feature will protect you against viruses coming through HTTPs traffic as well as adding compatibility for SPDY+HTTPS/ HTTP 2.0 traffic. You can tune/disable this feature in the settings section.

• AVAST NG
A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. Avast NG requires HW virtualization enabled.

• SecureDNS (this feature is active in the paid versions only)
A new provider which guards against unprotected DNS/DNS hijack on a router/client (including unsecured networks, public ones, etc.).

• Home Network Security

Scan your home network for vulnerabilities (wifi status, connected devices, router settings, factory passwords, etc.). It helps to discover potential problems not isolated on the particular device only, but in the entire network of devices you use or connect to the Internet from.

• Smart Scan

Integrated all on demand scans into one (Antivirus, Software updates, Home Network, GrimeFighter). One scan, different results and recommendations.

• New Support System
Easy contact for paid users to submit a ticket with all info included automatically. Improved knowledge base for free users. Help is completely online and is more up to date.

• General bugfixing
This covers a lot of stability & performance changes in all components (but the main focus was traditionally on the network & engine components).

Last edited:

vaso rao

Level 2
Verified
Oct 11, 2014
Where it stands in front of Kaspersky, E set Smart Security, bitdefender or Norton ?

G

Guest28

By tomorrow All new detections should be live and active!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=157520.msg1138058#new

Hi True Indian,

And thanks for asking.

To answer your questions:

We had three new backend pieces queued for Avast 2015.
Two of them are live now.
The third and last one will likely go live tomorrow evening.

So, yes, in terms of core detection technology, by tomorrow evening, everything that we have in our hats should be live and fully operational.

Thanks
Vlk

G

Guest28

Depending if your system is supported, it might not be on by default i know it was not on by default on my system..... Go to the change, avast or uninstall components and check off NG that is highlighted in red in my Screenshot. Make sure you restart your system! You should then see NG running in your Process list.
avast1.png

Reactions: frogboy
G

Guest28

Then it's running correctly, VLK had mentioned in the forums that Avast Detections from NG wont be fully operational till tomorrow.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
So files detected by deepscreen are run in a virtual environment?

Last edited:

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I did a custom install with just the file shield, web shield and NG. Is there anything else worth installing in the tools? I didn't use any of them in avast! 2014.

Also, can I still block avastui.exe to get rid of ads and have avast function properly still? It seems to work fine but I don't know if they changed anything about the UI process in avast! 2015.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Important: Avast NG does not work in a VM, but they give updates through Cloud for users without NG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.