Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
From Avast Forums

Hi Avast fans,

I'm glad to announce a new version of Avast Antivirus for Windows (Free, Pro, Internet Security, Premier).
Version number: 2015.10.2.2214

What's new:

- Improved Windows 10 Compatibility

- Browser Cleanup integrated to Avast UI and added to Smart Scan

- WebShield improvements for faster browsing and fixed issues with expired certificates

- Avast NG virtualization – performance and stability fixes

- AccessAnywhere feature is removed and replaced with remote connection feature available through Account screen in all editions(not limited to Premier)

- New design of Chrome plugin

- Better license activation during setup

It's recommended to use the in-product update (Settings->Update->Program), if you have Avast already installed.

Enjoy this version, it's much better than the previous ;-)

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
This release is running great on Windows 8.1 laptop, 8 GB RAM i5 processor. Closed down Webroot AV and notice no difference using Avast Free, including Chrome browser speed. I hope this is the beginning of a more trouble free Avast, like older times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.